Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the passenger side Kury floorboard extension only and the boards look and feel balanced. Any reason I should be concerned about not putting the driver side extension on?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Installed the passenger side Kury floorboard extension only and the boards look and feel balanced. Any reason I should be concerned about not putting the driver side extension on?
I guess what ever you're cool with is good.

But watch out for those things in a hard lean. Extensions can make the board bracket drag. And being hard mounted to the frame, that can take weight off the rear wheel and spill you hard.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Other bikes may make fun of her, but beyond that you should be OK.........:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found out the same thing. I thought it felt like I needed more room on the breather side. But when I put it on only that side it seemed balanced so I stopped there. However I also have the tallall boy brackets that lower 2” and move forward 2”. Same set up as my old Roadglide. The only time it scraped a floorboard was on a road here in middle Tennessee they call little dragon. It scraped the end of the floorboard a little in a hard lean. I’ve had no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess what ever you're cool with is good.

But watch out for those things in a hard lean. Extensions can make the board bracket drag. And being hard mounted to the frame, that can take weight off the rear wheel and spill you hard.
I like chicken strips. But that is a very good point. Thanks, sir.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other bikes may make fun of her, but beyond that you should be OK.........:)
Good one! But seriously, it’s hard to see a difference between the two sides. It’s almost as if the left one was already spaced out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t think I have tall boy brackets but don’t know for sure because I bought the bike secondhand. More room on the breather side is exactly what I was going for. My foot would hang off the side anyway so figured I might as well put some board under it.
We have some great twisties here in Washington state, but nothing with a cool name like Tail of the Dragon. I have family in West Virginia though. Maybe someday I’ll get to ride on that side of the country and find out what real leaning is about.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No.... so they will fold if you tap a rubber cover or a multitude of dead stoppers, gate posts..... and it's easier to flip open with your boot
Appreciate you dropping the knowledge on me, man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts