Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Bought some Ace It last week. I like the stuff. I bought the 22-ounce bottle and some metal shine for the chrome. The guy was nice on the phone and gave me a discount. 45 bucks for both products. I added the ace it on the bike and I like how it looks. The metal shine really makes the chrome stand out.

How do you guys compare Ace It with other products like Mothers or Meguires?

Do you guys know if you need to wash the bike first prior to adding Ace it? Do I need to wax it as well before Applying ace it or after? When are you supposed to add the sealant and polish? I am new to the detailer thing other than regular do it yourself car washes and basic wax by hand.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Never heard of it before. As long as you're happy with it, shouldn't matter what others think. Keep the thread updated as time goes on to see if you're still happy with it.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
As long as you're happy with it, shouldn't matter what others think.
Completely agree with the above statement! I use Meguiar's Ultimate to wash the bike and the HD detailing spray when doing touch up cleaning. My family keeps buying it for me and considering the price ($0!) I'm good with this! There are some on here who have a lot of experience with products and paint so you should see a lot of great suggestions!

Kind of like a "what's the best oil to use" thread! LOL

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Never heard of this product. Googled it also, nothing.

In order of steps that should be done.
1. Wash
2. A) Iron X, if Needed
B) Clay if needed
3. Compound, if needed. If not then polish
4. Optional - Eraser wipe down
5. LSP

There are tons of detailing products out there, I have spent a small fortune on them. There is not a "Best". Its whats best for my/your technique, and the paint. For example, some paint responds to polish A better than polish B with the technique I use. I use Menzerna and 3D HD almost exclusively but you might not like them and get the same results I get with something different.
Regarding LSPs, ALL of them have their pros and cons. Brand wise, so so many. I tend to choose proven brands that I like to work with and don't work me. I do this for extra money, so anything that is a PIA to work with I don't use. It has to last, give me the look Im going for, and be easy to work with.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Never heard of this product. Googled it also, nothing.

In order of steps that should be done.
1. Wash
2. A) Iron X, if Needed
B) Clay if needed
3. Compound, if needed. If not then polish
4. Optional - Eraser wipe down
5. LSP

There are tons of detailing products out there, I have spent a small fortune on them. There is not a "Best". Its whats best for my/your technique, and the paint. For example, some paint responds to polish A better than polish B with the technique I use. I use Menzerna and 3D HD almost exclusively but you might not like them and get the same results I get with something different.
Regarding LSPs, ALL of them have their pros and cons. Brand wise, so so many. I tend to choose proven brands that I like to work with and don't work me. I do this for extra money, so anything that is a PIA to work with I don't use. It has to last, give me the look Im going for, and be easy to work with.
holy crap! who has time for all that? I don't,but then My bike would be filthy again as soon as I ride it down my road...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Its not something you do all the time. All depends on the condition of the paint and what the owner wants.
Iron X a car takes about 10 min. Most of the time a bike doesn't need it because they are usually kept in a garage.
I use a clay alternative mitt. Can do a car in 15-30 min depending on the condition.
Compounding/polishing is what eats up the time.
A bagger takes me 6-9hrs depending on the bike. I pull the bags, side covers and tank off to polish

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Well i can tell you i love Turtle Wax Ice products, i know some people look down upon it but its kept my Vivid black looking outstanding, i do also use Griots products, as for Mothers not a fan JMO, Meguiars is good stuff too, but i was never really impressed with most of there stuff, i personally prefer synthetic waxes and sealers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts