Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - Thanks to Murlsquirl, Tail 11, Dirtbag, Reficul, and Glide 72 for all of their input on their BR Custom Bars over the last couple of weeks. I have been looking at bars for weeks to replace the stock bars for my 2012 RCG. I have had the wife with me out measuring / re-measuring....

I just spoke with Bill this morning and ordered a set of gloss black New Wave 2 bars:

1 1/2 bars
Rise: 10"
Width 32"
Pullback: 9"

I previously ordered a CVO TBW kit (32310-08) to eliminate the "green TBW connector". Based upon feedback, should not need any new cables or wire extensions. Wait time (estimated at 6 weeks) starts now.

Thanks to all for your help. I will post pics when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Bill is a great guy , I love my BR Sweeping Beaters

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good for you! You will fall in love with your bike all over again once you get them on. Congrats and make sure you post pictures!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Parts accumulation begins. I ordered 18" front and 16" rear black ice Airstrike (stock) wheels, a set (front and rear) of black composite Lyndall triangulum rotors, along with their gold pads. I have received the CVO throttle control referenced by Donk, Carl Brouhard foot boards and heal / toe shifter. Still waiting on Yaffe fork sliders, Yaxle, and engine guard eliminator.

Update:
It's been 4 weeks since I ordered the bars............. Wheels are in !! Also broke down and bought the wife a new Deluxe...........

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dropped off the bike to get started on the build - in week 6 - still waiting on the bars. The guy who is doing this said I will certainly need an extended clutch cable? These are 10" bars - really?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got an email today - bars are done and will be shipping on Friday - this will bring me to 8 weeks. Can't wait to see them. Will post some pic's when they arrive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those who have them already mounted, how's the 9" pullback? I see other 12" high bars at a 5-5.5 inch pullback and wonder if the 9" is too much.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Progress - Bars are on and wired internally - I am told it took 4 hours to remove stock bars, pull cables, and re-mount. No wire cutting / clutch and brake cables worked fine. I am going out there on Friday to do the final adjustment on them - goal will be to have them in line with the forks which were also removed and sent off to Traxxion Dynamics. Wheels are HD with Lyndall Rotors and Pads. Great work by Chris at Indianapolis HD, Rob at Elite Auto Image in Indianapolis, and Paul Bihm who installed the Traxxion Dynamics AK-20's.

Starting to shape up..........

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Good to hear about another satisfied customer :)
Glad to have been a little help. I know this forum has saved me thousands already!

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I have a set of BR. Make sure you tell them to double check the amount of wires needed. I was missing a few on both sides.. You want a few extra on case you might want to add something later..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have a set of BR. Make sure you tell them to double check the amount of wires needed. I was missing a few on both sides.. You want a few extra on case you might want to add something later..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Wish I had thought of the wire addition - my bars are on and mounted. I went out today to sit on the bike to get the bars right where I wanted them before they button everything up. The bars are pushed a little ahead of being in line with the forks.

Ordered a Magnum Shielding black pearl clutch cable in a custom size (+3). Called them today, they will make it on Tues / ship it on Wednesday - I was pretty impressed. My Indy installer said the stock +2 cable would be too short. Magnum was helpful on the phone to make sure I got the proper cable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to hear about another satisfied customer :)
Glad to have been a little help. I know this forum has saved me thousands already!
Thanks Dirtbag - I appreciate the help and feedback in getting the right bars. I am pleased with the way the bars look - need some warm weather to see how they feel.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Finally - bike is out of the shop and the weather was good enough to take a ride this afternoon.

Here are some picks of the completed setup with wheel / brake / fork mods, Traxxion Dynamics install, BR custom bars, Carl Brouhard floorboards, shift / brake controls, and a few Eddie Trotta pieces. Turned out pretty well I am done until next winter.....at least that is the plan.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts