Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got approval from the boss to get new bars. I like the looks of the monkey bars, but don't like the fact that a lot of people have them, and they are a B!+CH to wire. I also like the BR Sweeping beaters in 1 1/2". I think the larger size will stand out a bit (and easier to wire). I'm only looking to go as high as I can without buying new cables, 12" will work, not sure on the 14" for both bars.

Who knows if I can go with the 14's in either bar without extending brake and clutch cables? and Which bar would you prefer?

I'm 6'2, slouch when I ride. Looking for some attitude with 12 hour comfort. I have a 14 day ride coming up with some 12-14 hour days. I need to decide quickly to get them in time for the ride...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to call Bill tomorrow. I'm really hoping his turn time is less than the 8 weeks mentioned... I'm really hoping to have them installed and a couple rides in before my trip. The first day will be the longest, about 14 hours.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm going to need all of it! :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would seriously consider Buky Bar's "Mad Doggers" or ther "Malo Bars. They come in 1.5" diameter, are made in the USA, and can be sent to you quickly. Hit me up if you'd like more info, or you can check out a blog post I have on the bars. Nicest bars out IMHO.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would seriously consider Buky Bar's "Mad Doggers" or ther "Malo Bars. They come in 1.5" diameter, are made in the USA, and can be sent to you quickly. Hit me up if you'd like more info, or you can check out a blog post I have on the bars. Nicest bars out IMHO.
More info please... I watched the video in your blog, but couldn't catch what bars they were.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just reading that thread! Do you think stock cables could work with the 14" bars? I have ABS and hoping to get by without running new cables.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was just reading that thread! Do you think stock cables could work with the 14" bars? I have ABS and hoping to get by without running new cables.
You might be able to get away with the stock break line but not the clutch. I went with a +6 and should of got a +4. The brake line is close... I have a NON ABS bike...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buky Bars is only 2.5 weeks for delivery! I left a VM with BR and still waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Buky Bars is only 2.5 weeks for delivery! I left a VM with BR and still waiting to hear back.
sounds about right. Call buky bars and ask for richard, luis, or mark... tell them Vic sent you. I'm pretty sure they have a 12" "mad dogger" in stock right now. How do I know? Well, they made me a 12" to look at, but decided on the 14".

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds about right. Call buky bars and ask for richard, luis, or mark... tell them Vic sent you. I'm pretty sure they have a 12" "mad dogger" in stock right now. How do I know? Well, they made me a 12" to look at, but decided on the 14".
I don't think 12 Mad Doggers will be tall enough. They said the 14' Mad Doggers have a 2" drop at the grips, it would be equivalent to the Malo 12".
Does that sound correct?
Also,
With the 14 Mad Doggers could you have used stock cables?

·
Registered
578 Posts
yeah, the 14" mad dogger is probably equal to the 12 malo. the mad doggers to have a 2" drop. i guess if someone really wanted to, they "might" be able to swing stock cables with a 14", but I think that's kind of ghetto... to be re-routing everything. thats just me though

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
Sdlakerfsn79,
Just want to say I really like your blog and have been a fan for a while. Was not aware of these bars. I really like that they make the wiring a non-issue in comparison to the Monkey Bars. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an order for 20" Malos and I'm only 6'3" and will have to bare the 2 and a 1/2 week waiting period. I don't mind,
I'll have the only CVO RG in this area maybe SoCal with Malo 20's :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I appreciate the kind word fam. We got some good stuff this month.

Review on Buky Bars, Review on KlockWerks Hugger Series fenders, possibly a review on eyezon custom gauges, and guerilla cables... we'll see.

Sdlakerfsn79,
Just want to say I really like your blog and have been a fan for a while. Was not aware of these bars. I really like that they make the wiring a non-issue in comparison to the Monkey Bars. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts