Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like the front brake lever took the most dmg when my bike fell over this week.

My question is my break level looks different than these ones from the HD parts.
Its hard to explain but the end that butts up to the brake cylnder housing is 'pointed' . these ones... and the ones on the shelf at the dealer are all flat (the pic below)

My controls were already on the bike when I bought it at the dealer... but I have to believe they are HD.

I'll post a pic later, but wonder if anyone knows anything about the different levers.

2010 fltrx

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Think it's just design to fit (work), as long as it fits into the housing an the tab hits the plunger (stwich) to activate. Ones my my olKing fit my 03, eeven some metrics might fit

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Metrics will not interact due to how the brake light switch is so different.
I think those pics are generic. As long as you get to fit your year "Touring" it will have that point you describe. I just finished shooting a set of levers this morning & there is a defined difference between the brake and clutch lever by the way they fit into the housing.

Unless you have to have it from HD, I got a nice set of Custom Chrome (black) from Eastern Performance for less than $40.00

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
the ones that you posted will definitely not fit your controls. there is a marked difference between them, other than just the flat vs. 'pointy' part. but i think that hd is just using a generic picture on their website. if you order the correct part, you'll get the correct part.

for example, check out this item, 38843-08 http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/hand-control-lever-kit

i just put these on the wife's bike, today, and they were correct, but the picture clearly shows them flat (pre 08 style)

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so... I'm not the only one with the point? Everyplace I look only has the flat ends listed.

The dealer told me it was a discontinued part, but I'm wondering if they were looking for the "slotted" model that I currently have.

I would preferr aftermarket... HD is nuts 150 a set!

Mine look like this pic below.

These look like they will fit. thoughts?

http://www.easternperformance.com/products.php?product=Custom-Chrome-4-Hole-Clutch-and-Brake-Levers-for-Harley-Davidson-2008%2d2013-Touring-Models

Attachments

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
That looks like the stock configuration. Mine look the same.....I have the EasternPerformance levers:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts