Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search for this but didn't come up with anything. First off, bike is a 2006. My running light is out, but my brake light works fine. I assume its the same bulb for both right? My turn signals are not duel purpose as running lights, so I need to get this fixed. Any way, could a simple bulb replacement fix the problem or could there be same underlying issue? Wiring or something?

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
yes it could be as simple as the bulb. Your front signals should also be running lights which should be on the same fuse if they are working as running lights it would appear to be a rear problem. Start simple with a new bulb and fuse check then look for wiring problems if no voltage to rear .

Eagle

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was the fuse. Glad it was something simple. Now I'm worried why the fuse blew. Could be that its 7 years old.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Well it was the fuse. Glad it was something simple. Now I'm worried why the fuse blew. Could be that its 7 years old.
The most obvious reason for a blown running light fuse would be a pinched wire that shorted. The most obvious area for a pinched wire is where the front signal light wires run from the light housing into the fairing. Yes, I know this from experience. A bulb usually blows into an open circuit condition, but I have had one blow and the filament short to ground.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Always put dielectric grease on the bulb / socket. A bit of corrosion can ruin you day. Helps when your riding in torrential down pours too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts