Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in stalled khromewerks 2 + 2 sweeper bars on my 12 road glide ultra, went good with a lot of help from threads on this forum. My only problem is now my brake lights are on all the time, i know its in the front brake switch, but i dont know how to fix, and I'm sure someone out there does, please help. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
12,746 Posts
Did you check the little tab on the switch and make sure you didn't break it? It's extremely easy to break. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's like the brake lever is not making contact with the switch, if i push on the brake lever the lights go off

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had that happen once, I had the bushing on the wrong side of the lever.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's like the brake lever is not making contact with the switch, if i push on the brake lever the lights go off
If you pull the lever in and the lights go out, I wonder if those two wires got crossed when you did the bars, and they might be backwards?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After researching it a little, i did not shim the brake lever so i bet i have broken the switch, now the next question is how do i fix it?

·
Registered
809 Posts
After researching it a little, i did not shim the brake lever so i bet i have broken the switch, now the next question is how do i fix it?
Pull the switch and solder in a new one if it is broke. Do a search on here, I have read where some have drilled the lever and put in a small screw in the tab of the lever to take up the distance. Myself I would pull the housing and have a look, if you are lucky you may have put it in a bind by not spacing the break lever during the install.

·
Super Moderator
12,746 Posts
Pull the switch and solder in a new one if it is broke. Do a search on here, I have read where some have drilled the lever and put in a small screw in the tab of the lever to take up the distance. Myself I would pull the housing and have a look, if you are lucky you may have put it in a bind by not spacing the break lever during the install.
I've broke that switch before, I opted for the small screw solution since HD wanted $60 for the switch. I found the switch on ebay for about $15 and ordered it, (Drag Specialties), but the screw is still working. That was 2 years ago.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I was lucky enough to find the piece that broke off. Put a short piece of wire in the center and super glued it and the piece back on. Still working 15K miles later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will fix eventually, but for right now just stuck a piece of rubber to the brake lever and it is working, getting ready to take out for a test ride

1 - 12 of 12 Posts