Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am installing +14 malo2 bars on my 2010 FLTRX road glide, and I ordered my clutch cable 8 over from Barnett... It fit perfectly. I also ordered a +8 Russell black brake line kit, but the problem is that where the master cylinder line enters the distribution block is completely opposite from the H-D O.E. Line.

Why would Russell put it on the left when the brakes are on the right?

Anyone run into this? What did you do?

Last time, I ran good ridge lines on my 06, but that was a piece together line not out of the box line.

Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Part # R08781BC (Russell)
Part # 1741-3615 (Drag)

· Registered
72 Posts
so I am installing +14 malo2 bars on my 2010 FLTRX road glide, and I ordered my clutch cable 8 over from Barnett... It fit perfectly. I also ordered a +8 Russell black brake line kit, but the problem is that where the master cylinder line enters the distribution block is completely opposite from the H-D O.E. Line.

Why would Russell put it on the left when the brakes are on the right?

Anyone run into this? What did you do?

Last time, I ran good ridge lines on my 06, but that was a piece together line not out of the box line.

Thanks.

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Part # R08781BC (Russell)

Part # 1741-3615 (Drag)

Did you ever figure it out?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. I figured it out. Russell made it incorrectly. I called them and spoke with them about it. They said that the black line was new, and that they must've made it backwards. Which means that potentially, multiple lengths are also made backwards. Rather than run the risk of continually getting a backward part, I went with a different vendor.

Currently I'm waiting on an all black stealth Breakline from Barnett.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.