Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has installed a set of Factory47 14" apes on a 2017 Road Glide? I put a set of these on my '15 RGS without any issues, but I'm coming up short on the right side controls because there is not enough slack in the brake line. I've cut all of the tie wraps that I can see/feel. I don't want to remove the brake line and re-route it because I'll have to bleed the system and heard it may cause problems with the anti-lock module.
Thoughts?
Thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put those exact bars on my 17 RGU. If I recall correctly there was only zip tie around the tree holding both clutch and brake lines. The brake side was snug but there was enough. I don't remember doing anything special to get it to fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cheerio! There was a hidden one that I had missed. Still tight like you mentioned, but had enough to mount it on the bar.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The brake side was snug but there was enough.
Still tight like you mentioned, but had enough to mount it on the bar.
Not trying to be a pessimist here, but why not spend a few extra dollars here and do it right? Would hate to see you have a problem down the road with lines that are stretched to their limit.

L

·
0 Posts
What exactly do the brake lines cost? What is a good amount of reserve line I should have 3-5 inches???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts