Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody suggest Braided brake lines, clutch cables, and wire extensions for a 2009 RG + 3"? I am going to add WO518 bars to my glide, on my last glide I used +3" cables and it worked perfectly, just not familiar with the ABS.

Thanks,

FAST

Here is my last bike with the WO518 bars

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anybody suggest Braided brake lines, clutch cables, and wire extensions for a 2009 RG + 3"? I am going to add WO518 bars to my glide, on my last glide I used +3" cables and it worked perfectly, just not familiar with the ABS.

Thanks,

FAST

Here is my last bike with the WO518 bars
I just put WO 518's on my 2010 RG with no wiring or cable issues. I did have to cut the cable tie on the frame for the clutch to give a little slack. As for the brake, the banjo valve coming off the reservoir is hitting the fairing a little and pushed in the speaker cover when turning the bars all the way to lock position. I'm going to have to find a banjo valve with a different angle. Mine and black and look great. Had them on my 03 RK. Much better on my shoulders.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just installed the black WO518 bars on my RG last week and did not need to extend any wires or cables. It is a close fit. If I were to get braided lines, +2 would be more than enough to give some slack.

On the OEM brake line, I loosened the banjo fitting and rotated it back towards the bars. It clears the fairing and tank just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed the black WO518 bars on my RG last week and did not need to extend any wires or cables. It is a close fit. If I were to get braided lines, +2 would be more than enough to give some slack.

On the OEM brake line, I loosened the banjo fitting and rotated it back towards the bars. It clears the fairing and tank just fine.
Awesome, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts