Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting new bars on so having to get +4 cables and decided to get the magnum black pearl ones. I called DCP and the guy said I need to get the upper and mid cable if I am switching to the magnum black pearl ones so that they will connect properly. He said the lower one is not necessary but they have it (most expensive one $132). Does the lower cable show so I should go ahead and get it so they all match or is it covered up? So total price to change the brake cable would be around $250, does that seem about right?

2012 RGC w/ABS and Cruise control

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Which bars?? In most cases, up to 10-12" bars, you wont need long cables even though the dealer will tell you that you need them.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If you have ABS then the upper cable is the one that connects to the master cylinder on your bars. The mid cable is between the upper and the ABS module. If you change the upper you have to get the mid to go with it. Kind of a necessary evil. Why the moco made the upper line a two piece I can't answear and don't see the need.
The lower is the one that goes from your ABS module to your calibers on your front wheels. You don't need to change that one unless you want to for looks.
Oh and if anyone tells you that you have to take it to a dealer to have them bleed the brakes beacuse if they don't the ABS won't work they are talking out of their ass. Bleed them like any other brake system and you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bars are 14" Paul Yaffe OEM.

Yeah they said I didn't have to change it but since I am changing the other two to black stainless steel that I might want to consider it just cause of the looks. I was just wondering if the lower one is even visible

1 - 4 of 4 Posts