Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am replacing my front aftermarket rotors on my 2012 that warped, and I am going to go ahead and change my brake pads while I am at it ..just wondering is there any brake pad brand or material that is better than than just what i would buy at the dealership?

· Registered
54 Posts
Perhaps not better, but certainly less expensive. I've done a little bit of research regarding motorcycle brake pads, and I think when it comes time to change mine, I'm going with ceramics. Each material type has its pros and cons, and I feel that ceramic will suit me the best. Do a bit of reading about what each type of material will and will not do, and make a decision from there.

· Registered
9,794 Posts
I get my brake pads from http://www.d2moto.com the price is right and the pads work great too.
price is definitely right and they do work fine but depending on what pad material you're looking for. The sintered pads i bought from them have been out of stock for quite some time

· Registered
10,571 Posts
The ship that ships the Sintered pads from China must of sunk. Been over 6 months since I seen them 4sale.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
just spoke with the customer service rep at D2moto and was told that they have not received a shipment date from the offshore manufacturer, so they can't say when they'll have any of the sintered pads in stock. That sux since they have the best prices in town.

· Registered
1,710 Posts
I have hd on the back and lyndall z plus on the front. In my experience, the z plus are awful on my dual rotor 21. In the rain, they squeal and hardly stop the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,525 Posts
I have hd on the back and lyndall z plus on the front. In my experience, the z plus are awful on my dual rotor 21. In the rain, they squeal and hardly stop the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I had a similar experience with lyndall. Not so much squealing but they seem soft and didn't stop like the OEM.

· Registered
498 Posts
I'm looking at the EBC semi-sintered V pads. They're supposedly designed for larger touring bike.

Anyone know if the front and rear pads are the same?

· Registered
9,794 Posts
I recently helped a buddy replace the brakes on his '09 Street Glide, and the front pads had different part numbers than the rear pads, so I gotta figure that they are, indeed, not the same. I also gotta figure that that has not changed over the years.
2010 and up are the same front and rear.
My 09 has the same front and back. The HD part # is different because I believe the rears include a plastic film/shim that adheres to the back side of the pad. The physical pads are the same

· Registered
498 Posts
Thanks. I saw that HD lists two different part numbers but figured it was maybe the compounds or something. Aftermarket pads seem to be the same but one seller will only list them as rears and another will only list them as fronts.

· Registered
7,518 Posts
My 08 has the same pads front and rear. The reason for the different HD PNs is the back pads come with disc brake lube and the front pads don't. The back pads also cost around $5 more then the front pads.

· Registered
498 Posts
$5 for a tube of lube. Gotta love the MoCo!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.