Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a brake rotor that is worthy but cheaper than HD? Last time I bought one for my street glide it was $140 at the dealer and I want to replace both of mine (on the road glide) and although I can find them a little cheaper on ebay... I am nervous about some of the brands I haven't heard of.

Front rotors (by the way)

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
You can get chrome brake rotors from www.willyshiny.com for a resonable price.
My front rotors would warp a little and pulsate when stopping so I went to HD floating rotors and that cured the problem. Some of the HD floating rotors are cheaper than the stock rotors.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rotors

Dealership measured my rotor run out and said they were "in spec". Didn't matter it rattled yer teeth when you hit front brake. In spec. No warranty.
I installed these :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arlen-Ness-11-8-Sweeper-Chrome-Right-Brake-Rotor-00-Up-Harley-Davidson-02-727-/291121186400?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c82cc660&vxp=mtr

( Note, they are NOT chrome. Just the centre is. Friction surface is polished stainless. Polished so that it looks like chrome ).
Also installed Lyndal red pads. VERY happy. Way better than when stock were new.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Be warned- alot sell their warped ones (instead of making clocks or lawn art) to the hopeful. Some dealers think run-out is getting lunch too.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Dealership measured my rotor run out and said they were "in spec". Didn't matter it rattled yer teeth when you hit front brake. In spec. No warranty.
I installed these :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arlen-Ness-11-8-Sweeper-Chrome-Right-Brake-Rotor-00-Up-Harley-Davidson-02-727-/291121186400?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c82cc660&vxp=mtr

( Note, they are NOT chrome. Just the centre is. Friction surface is polished stainless. Polished so that it looks like chrome ).
Also installed Lyndal red pads. VERY happy. Way better than when stock were new.
That's a nice lookin Rotor, Good price to boot..

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think the brake rotors are another crappy OEM part where H-D shows how little they care about quality. Mine were replaced under warranty but the next ones if needed will not be H-D parts. :eek:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have Anarchy wheels on my RG,so they require the floating rotors,have had one replaced under warranty,now have another one starting to pulsate,i belive this is just another part that HD has cheapened up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.

I agree that the rotors are cheap crap. My '12' warped a rotor last summer and being the cheap bastard I am... I only replaced the one since it wasn't covered under warranty. Now there is more pulsing going on so I am guessing the other side has warped a bit. It doesn't shake as bad as the last one but it is definitely noticeable.

I won't go back to the stock part again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts