Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking at purchasing some new brakes and am researching trying to find deals. I have read about the lyndall brakes but stumbled on a different manufacturer on Eastern Perfomances' webpage

Anyone ever heard of or tried Custom Chrome Ferodo Organic Brake Pads?? They are 2/3 cheaper than the lyndall brakes but sometimes you get what you pay for...

Just wondering if anyone here has tried them.

http://www.easternperformance.com/products.php?product=Custom-Chrome-Ferodo-Organic-Brake-Pads-for-Harley-00%2d06

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I have Lyndall Gold, with no complaints. Why take a chance? Lyndall pads are a proven item. What could be more important than your brakes?

Oh, and they are MUCH cleaner than the old HD pads.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I switched to Lyndall Gold when I put my Coastal Moto wheels on at the suggestion of the folks at Coastal just for the brake dust factor. I've since put 3-4 thousand miles on them. I can honestly say that for stopping power they are just as good if not better the then OEM pads and there is no brake dust on my wheels even after a few 500 mile lunch rides.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Here is a link to some guidance from Lyndall on which pads they recommend. The interesting thing is they say that the Gold pads are more of a racing application, and Z+ is more of a street application, note comments about rotor friendliness of Z+

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
The oganics' do have a kinda no lock up feelin to them, if that makes sense, also it seems you break yourself into the pads, they are not for everybody, I was offered a return if didn't like, kept em on the front, but will be changing back to stock, depends on your rotor too.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I have run Lyndall gold and Z Plus for years. I like them both. Gold are way more expensive and don't seem to really work any better IMO. There is a place that sells these cheap out there.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a set of those on the front... no problems even while riding hard on the Dragon...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does anyone that has upgraded to the Lyndall pads have a 2013 with anti-lock brakes? Would they have any negative affect on the anti-lock braking system? I would think it would work the same? Also, do they leave any marks on polished rotors?

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
$37.99 for a complete set at http://www.d2moto.com that is the complete set for the front (4 pads total) and rear (2 pads total). You can pay $150 + for brake pads OR $37.99 with free shipping :rolleyes: your choice.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Does anyone that has upgraded to the Lyndall pads have a 2013 with anti-lock brakes? Would they have any negative affect on the anti-lock braking system? I would think it would work the same? Also, do they leave any marks on polished rotors?
No problems with Lyndall Z+ pads on a 2012 with ABS. I can't help with the polished rotor question but there is less nasty dust.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
ABS has absolutely nothing to do with the brake pads. It operates off the wheel bearing and a sensor that is pressed up against the wheel bearing. You can actually change to a different brake caliper and as long as you have the abs wheel bearing and the abs pick up hooked up it will still work fine.

As far as brake pads and polished rotors, LRB pads are an organic compound that is much less abrasive than a stock sintered pad will ever be. Just my .02.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Assuming they are as good as Lyndalls. Are they?

Never used the Lyndall brake pads I only used the stock OEM HD pads which a complete set for the bike cost a $162 + tax. I got the pads from d2moto and they work just as well if not better than the stock HD pads so a complete set for $37.99 shipping included works for me. Plus I got a extra $120 or more in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thanks, I need a set on the rear and I'll give these a try. :)
You'll love them. Been using LRB pads for a long time - several scoots. Excellent performance, long life span, no iron, and virtually NO dust at all. You will get what you've paid for and then some with LRB.

EDIT TO ADD: Oops... I guess I responded to an out-dated post of yours TLWiz.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Never used the Lyndall brake pads I only used the stock OEM HD pads which a complete set for the bike cost a $162 + tax. I got the pads from d2moto and they work just as well if not better than the stock HD pads so a complete set for $37.99 shipping included works for me. Plus I got a extra $120 or more in my pocket.
I put a set of organic Lyndall Z+ pads on my rear, they seem to be fine. $40 for the pair of pads. I ordered two pairs of the organic pads from D2 moto for $17.99 shipped and installed them on my front yesterday. I did some test riding and they feel fine.

If a pair of Raybestos brake pads for my car is $6.32 at rockauto.com, why should a pair of brake pads for my motocycle cost $40-$50+? The d2moto pads are very nice. :)

With organic Kevlar pads on front and back, maybe I can clean my wheels now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts