Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from Shark Week I lost my cruise and my rear brake lights. I have a very good independant cycle shop here in town. My job unfortunately prohibits me from doing to much to my bike in the ideal ridding months. I dropped the bike off to him with my problems and he fixes my cruise but tells me I have to take it to the dealer to bleed the rear brakes! Is he full of crap or can I do that myself?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I assume you have ABS. If you do the dealer has the digital technician to bleed the ABS brakes most indy's do not. The software is a few thousand dollars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have ABS and I was hoping I didn't have to go to the dealer but I'm thinking I have to to get it right. My Indy is going to get what he needs but I can't wait for them to get it. thanks

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
It would seem that doing a rear brake bleed will have your brakes working fine. The digital tech is needed to turn off the ABS light if it is on.
It is a long ride to Zips HD without rear brakes.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Also depends if he tired to bleed it already. If the bike was powered and he tired to bleed it or cycled it on and off during that time there is a good chance air got sucked into the ABS box.

I changed calipers (front) on my ABS bike without issue as the bike was not turned on during bleeding and it has been 20k miles. The brake line had been replaced by prior owner who I assume took it to the dealer to have it bled as the brakes have always been very firm.

My rear was bled by the dealer under warranty as it did not work at all when I got the bike.

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts