Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Problem:

I vacuum bled the front brake line from the caliper. Rides good then loses brake pressure on the lever after several squeezes. Pressure resumes after I squeeze again but jerk slight to the right when squeezed/braking.

I took it to HD and they bled it using the same method because I have a Tmax tuner. The HD ABS computer won't work with the Tmax ECM. So they bled it the conventional way with a vaccum. Left with it working good, a mile later, same thing happened after several squeezes of the brake lever, Lost pressure and slight jerk to the right when squeezed.

Parts:

Single side PM 6 front piston caliper, Russell brake line (for RG with ABS) from ABS box to front caliber, stock front master cylinder and SMT 1 piece rotor.

I Think the problem is with the caliper or master cylinder. I'm at wits end. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thx.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would check for a warped roter first, if its good after one pull then something is making the pads retract to far back .

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When the break works properly it doesn't vibrate or jerks. just later on it starts losing pressure and slightly jerk to the right. How do you check for a warp rotor? Thx

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I would see if you can eliminate the tuner so it can be bled the "proper" way needed for ABS. I don't have ABS so I don't know the procedure to bleed them but I would try that before you condemn the master cylinder or caliper. I do know on some vehicles (Chevy Silverados amount others) that the ABS needs to be activated by computer to properly bleed the brakes.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My .02 is the ecm needs to go back in the bike so the Boutique can properly change the fluid. Then if that resolves the issue drop the tmax back in. Good Luck. The abs is supposed to be cycled so the fluid can be properly flushed.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Just Threw 'Ole Yella in the TRASH.. ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts