Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting oil blowing on my pipes from the breather.It is a 2009 RG with stage 1 se breather installed by dealer when bought new and now only 14,800 miles. My oil level is at normal per manual.What would cause this,do i need to have the dealer check it since its still under warrenty?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Alot of people have had this problem. It will quit when it gets enough blown out. When it does you need to check and not fill oil past that point. It sounds crazy, but it works. I've talked to guys that have been told from their dealers to run it anywhere from a 1/2 qt to a quart low. That sounds like a lot. From my experiance the bikes I've had this happen to, the oil level was only about 1/4 quart....

·
Registered
525 Posts
Alot of people have had this problem. It will quit when it gets enough blown out. When it does you need to check and not fill oil past that point. It sounds crazy, but it works. I've talked to guys that have been told from their dealers to run it anywhere from a 1/2 qt to a quart low. That sounds like a lot. From my experiance the bikes I've had this happen to, the oil level was only about 1/4 quart....
Happened a lot on my 09 until I finally figured out to run it 1/2 quart low, and keep the K&N air filter serviced more ofter (every 5k). Now I never have a problem.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well also happen if you get on it hard a lot, anything over 3000 RPM will cause it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank all for your replys,im glad its something that simple :D Ill be doing my next oil change in a couple days.. SO 3 1/2 QUARTS

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Do 3 1/4 qts when you do a oil change then if you need more you can add oil. The dipstick reading cold oil should not be over the 1/2 mark when bike is on the jiffy stand. Even if you set the oil at the correct amount you will have some come out of the breather at a extended period of high RPM.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Do 3 1/4 qts when you do a oil change then if you need more you can add oil. The dipstick reading cold oil should not be over the 1/2 mark when bike is on the jiffy stand. Even if you set the oil at the correct amount you will have some come out of the breather at a extended period of high RPM.
Yeah, and when it's overfilled, the wife's turkey baster makes a great "tool" to remove some excess oil. You might want to make sure you buy her a new one before next Thanksgiving!:D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D dklanecky. Thats funny cause thats what i done was take some out with a baster....BUT ITS STILL COMIN OUT.LOL!! I see i didnt take much out.. Thanks fellas !:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts