Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off my rocker boxes off to get powder coated, and I just got them back today. When I was ressassembling everything I was tightening the bolts for the oil breather and 1 of them blew out the bottom of the hole. Has anybody every had this happen to them? Do I need to replace the head now? Or would i be ok to just use high temp pipe tape on the treads. Any help would be great. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Don't see how it could happen, unless something changed in the stack height. You have a gasket, the lower box, the rocker support, then a gasket and the breather stack. Nothing should have changed. Unless something fell down in the hole.

I would just use sealer on the bolt as a fix. A little Three Bond would fit the bill.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Don't see how it could happen, unless something changed in the stack height. You have a gasket, the lower box, the rocker support, then a gasket and the breather stack. Nothing should have changed. Unless something fell down in the hole.

I would just use sealer on the bolt as a fix. A little Three Bond would fit the bill.
Isn’t that secretly what Yamaha uses, and calls it yamabond...or something like that? If it is then it’s Good shit for sure and that’s what I would use.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I took off my rocker boxes off to get powder coated, and I just got them back today. When I was ressassembling everything I was tightening the bolts for the oil breather and 1 of them blew out the bottom of the hole. Has anybody every had this happen to them? Do I need to replace the head now? Or would i be ok to just use high temp pipe tape on the treads. Any help would be great. Thanks
I sent you a private message.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Oil in the hole will hydraulic and blow it out. Personally I’d replace the head. Not sure that you can get a welder in there to fill it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts