Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if its out there but I've had tons of oil out my screamin eagle air cleaner since new in 2017. Dealer gave me the same old run around that they all do it. Three weeks ago they finally did something about it replaced my breather valves. They waited till it was on esp and charged me deductible. Didnt fix it. I bought the updated breather tubes that have been out since 18. Instaled them no more mess. Mounted higher with longer tubes.29400272A and 29400271A... 26$ can.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Three dots fom the bottom. Between 2500 and 3500 rpm. Been through it all. Itll just keep blowing

If your stage 1 has a k&n filter see if HD still makes a paper stage 1 filter. Stage 1 paper filter did the trick for me. 3000 mile trip no blow by. On my 2012 HD was thru the motor top to bottom twice and couldn't fix it but when I went to the stage 1 paper filter for a trip that took care of it.
Worth a try..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If your stage 1 has a k&n filter see if HD still makes a paper stage 1 filter. Stage 1 paper filter did the trick for me. 3000 mile trip no blow by. On my 2012 HD was thru the motor top to bottom twice and couldn't fix it but when I went to the stage 1 paper filter for a trip that took care of it.
Worth a try..
i think more people over oil the K&Ns anyway. nothin' like dilutin' the AF mixture with filter oil.

i kept mine stock and haven't looked back. have enough blowby on my heritage if i want to ride that lol

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Your best bet is to route them away from the suck hole. That way, if it does push a little oil, and most do, it just drips onto the road and doesn't end up cooked to the tops of your pistons.

You can just access the breather passage from the side of the backing plate and install some nipples, then run the hoses down along the frame rail. After that, just block off the passages into the filter.

Exactly how you set them depends on the backing plate

I like to run clear tube, so I can see what they pass. But if you run black tube, no one even notices that they are there.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your best bet is to route them away from the suck hole. That way, if it does push a little oil, and most do, it just drips onto the road and doesn't end up cooked to the tops of your pistons.

You can just access the breather passage from the side of the backing plate and install some nipples, then run the hoses down along the frame rail. After that, just block off the passages into the filter.

Exactly how you set them depends on the backing plate

I like to run clear tube, so I can see what they pass. But if you run black tube, no one even notices that they are there.

Absolutely best solution---but the EPA don't like thatlol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts