Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 RG has been having an on again off again front brake problem. The front brakes were hanging up pretty bad but I took the calipers apart, cleaned them real good with ether, cleaned and polished the pucks, put it all back together and it has worked good for a couple of months..... until today..... now it (the front) is hanging up and driving me nuts!!!!! I can hear it, smell it and it drives me nuts!! It has brand new Lyndall Pads in it and I actually have the seals to rebuild the calipers on my shelf in the garage. Is it necessary? Thanks for the help!!!!

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
My 2010 RG has been having an on again off again front brake problem. The front brakes were hanging up pretty bad but I took the calipers apart, cleaned them real good with ether, cleaned and polished the pucks, put it all back together and it has worked good for a couple of months..... until today..... now it (the front) is hanging up and driving me nuts!!!!! I can hear it, smell it and it drives me nuts!! It has brand new Lyndall Pads in it and I actually have the seals to rebuild the calipers on my shelf in the garage. Is it necessary? Thanks for the help!!!!
Might have warped rotors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might have warped rotors.
Thats an idea Big_Gary.... I honestly dont know..... The brake lever was fine today, but I also havent ridden it today. I would like to hear if someone can confirm the warped rotor theory before I spend a couple hundred on new rotor.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Thats an idea Big_Gary.... I honestly dont know..... The brake lever was fine today, but I also havent ridden it today. I would like to hear if someone can confirm the warped rotor theory before I spend a couple hundred on new rotor.
Do you have abs ?

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
When do they start hanging up? When you've been riding for awhile so they're hot or rather quickly into the ride?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Do you feel a chatter in the front end when you just start to apply the brakes? Mine were warped on my SG. That's what I noticed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have abs ?
I do have ABS.

It usually happens short time in to the ride, less than 5 miles. It was hanging up on monday night when I pulled in to the garage and when I checked it yesterday afternoon it was normal again.

I dont feel and chatter, the front end feels the same as usual.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
I do have ABS.

It usually happens short time in to the ride, less than 5 miles. It was hanging up on monday night when I pulled in to the garage and when I checked it yesterday afternoon it was normal again.

I dont feel and chatter, the front end feels the same as usual.
I'd look more at the abs then, than the warped rotors. Warped rotors wil be more consistent.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I would rebuild the calipers as soon as you can.
If you don't have warped rotors now you will real soon because of the extra heat, a warped rotor will have a pulsation when applying the brakes so if you don't have the pulsation then the rotors are good, if you have the pulsation then you will need new rotors.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
You may have a bad brake hose. They act normal when cold but add heat and they can swell and close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts