Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 RG has been having an on again off again front brake problem. The front brakes were hanging up pretty bad but I took the calipers apart, cleaned them real good with ether, cleaned and polished the pucks, put it all back together and it has worked good for a couple of months..... until today..... now it (the front) is hanging up and driving me nuts!!!!! I can hear it, smell it and it drives me nuts!! It has brand new Lyndall Pads in it and I actually have the seals to rebuild the calipers on my shelf in the garage. Is it necessary? Thanks for the help!!!!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might have warped rotors.
Thats an idea Big_Gary.... I honestly dont know..... The brake lever was fine today, but I also havent ridden it today. I would like to hear if someone can confirm the warped rotor theory before I spend a couple hundred on new rotor.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have abs ?
I do have ABS.

It usually happens short time in to the ride, less than 5 miles. It was hanging up on monday night when I pulled in to the garage and when I checked it yesterday afternoon it was normal again.

I dont feel and chatter, the front end feels the same as usual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.