Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these tires? About time for me to start tire shopping. I think these are relatively new.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
No clue. I’m wondering how many miles you’ve gotten so far on the stock tires. I’ve seen posts of 15k - 25k on the rear which was shocking. A local member has about 12k on his rear tire with plenty off meat left. The 2012 stock rear would get me less then 10k before I changed to MCII.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm coming up on 12000. I personally have never got a hole lot more then that from a stock rear tire on any of the Harleys I've owned.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Unlike my old truck that I run tires on until they are worn out, on the bike I buy tires when i don't think they will run another summer. I don't feel like going for a mileage record on bike tires. I changed the last ones a 10,000. Dunlap Elites.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran a couple sets of American Elites on my old Street Glide. They were ok, had an ugly side wall. I’m thinking about trying these, just can’t find much feed back from users.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I ran a couple sets of American Elites on my old Street Glide. They were ok, had an ugly side wall. I’m thinking about trying these, just can’t find much feed back from users.
What didn't you like about the sidewall? I just put one on the rear of my '15 maybe 500 miles ago.

I didn't even know Bridgestone made a bike tire until your post. Keep us updated if you get a set.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What didn't you like about the sidewall? I just put one on the rear of my '15 maybe 500 miles ago.

I didn't even know Bridgestone made a bike tire until your post. Keep us updated if you get a set.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
The rear I didn’t notice much, but when I put the front on you can see how ugly the side wall was. It just has a big gaudy looking design.
I didn’t either until I was looking around last night.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back years ago bridgestone put a lot of tires on Jap bikes.

From what I read they’ve only been in the American V Twin market for about 3 years.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was going back to the 70s when the Japanese stuff was a lot of smaller 2 stroke bikes. And that has been so long ago I was buying Goodyear Eagle tires for my HD. So my memory is questionable.
My tires are American Elite and there isn't much side wall to look at, maybe an inch.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I placed the order today. Came up to $285.53. I didn't really need a front tire yet, but I'm gonna have the TPMS sensors put in so I figured I'd go ahead and swap them both out now.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I placed the order today. Came up to $285.53. I didn't really need a front tire yet, but I'm gonna have the TPMS sensors put in so I figured I'd go ahead and swap them both out now.
I'm curious to hear your long-term impression of these tires. I am an Avon addict, but always open to trying different brands if they perform.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Goldwings come with Bridgestone radials and those battlecruise tires look similar in tread pattern. I never had an issue with them on my F6B wing.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@azgrumbles Have you run a replacement set or just the OE tires? And the metric version is called Exedra Max, but the do look the same.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think I went through a couple sets on the wing. I had it for two years. They performed well and I felt no reason to switch. I was unaware they had some for HDs or I may have looked into them. I’m running Commander 3s now and love them.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I went through a couple sets on the wing. I had it for two years. They performed well and I felt no reason to switch. I was unaware they had some for HDs or I may have looked into them. I’m running Commander 3s now and love them.
How was the mileage on them? I ran Dunlop American Elites on my old Street Glide and had good luck with them. Figured I’d try something different and I wanted to switch out both front and rear so I could get the TPMS sensors mounted. And these are pretty reasonable price wise.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Somehow I always get good mileage out of tires. Usually 18-20k on rears. I change both at the same time. I did about the same on the wing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was just looking up load and speed ratings and it looks like the Battlecruise H50 is the same as the OE Dunlops. Should be good to go. I might try a set next go around.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just looking up load and speed ratings and it looks like the Battlecruise H50 is the same as the OE Dunlops. Should be good to go. I might try a set next go around.
From what I read the Battlecruise was made specifically for American V Twin market ( Harley, Indian, and Victory ) so the sizes, load, and speed ratings will all meet what we need.
Somehow I always get good mileage out of tires. Usually 18-20k on rears. I change both at the same time. I did about the same on the wing.
That’s about what I’ve seen form aftermarket replacements as well. Hopefully these will be the same. Once I have a matching set I’ll only replace as needed. Has been two to one rear to front.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts