Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
@craigffb : mainly it was the fact that alexobelix (member on the other forum) used that kit with success, and the price wasn't much different for me to get the kit or go with individual sensors. I guess it was really six of one, half dozen of the other.

Reactions: craigffb

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I am terrible for checking tire pressure. I want / need to get that kit that connects to your phone. Forgot the name... lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Where did you guys get em and do you remember what you paid? Rocky Mountain was the cheapest I could find. Well they price matched the front from chapmoto.com cause it was $8 less but the rear was much less at Rocky Mountain.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
I am terrible for checking tire pressure. I want / need to get that kit that connects to your phone. Forgot the name... lol

Dan I have the FOBO Tire Pressure Monitors and they work great. I’ve had them for a few years and the only thing I had to do was replace the batteries.
Make sure to get the T-Valve to make it easier to add pressure.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Where did you guys get em and do you remember what you paid? Rocky Mountain was the cheapest I could find. Well they price matched the front from chapmoto.com cause it was $8 less but the rear was much less at Rocky Mountain.
Craig when it’s time for tires the first place I check is Rocky Mountain. They usually have the best prices with free shipping.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Dan I have the FOBO Tire Pressure Monitors and they work great. I’ve had them for a few years and the only thing I had to do wad replace the batteries.
Mike U.

Thanks Mike. As soon as i get these sneakers replaced I will go this route.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Dan I have the FOBO Tire Pressure Monitors and they work great. I’ve had them for a few years and the only thing I had to do was replace the batteries.
Mike U.

Ditto. And also to keep the rubber stems from ripping out! I learned that lesson the hard way. Metal stems only!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
i was gonna say 'i like avon cobra chromes'. but it seems like they've discontinued the rear 18'' size and don't have anything to replace it. i'm highly disappointed. i am going to contact avon on monday and find out what's up.

so, yeah, looking forward to your review on the bridgestones.
emailed avon to ask about replacements for the chrome since they no longer sold it, and received a response that they recently made some changes to the rear 180/55-18 and that they are now back in production.

still looking forward to your review though.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
emailed avon to ask about replacements for the chrome since they no longer sold it, and received a response that they recently made some changes to the rear 180/55-18 and that they are now back in production.

still looking forward to your review though.
skratch did You try Bike Bandit?
That's where I got My Avon Chrome Tires from when no one else had them.
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
mike (this is mike :D) no, i didn't really look all over. i've only got 9,000 on my stockers yet, so i'm not ready to switch just yet. just was surprised when i went to the avon website, and they didn't show the stock size for the 18'' rear tire, at all. like they didn't make it anymore....

but, seems like they stopped for some reason or another but they are going to resume production again. wonder what they did?

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
but, seems like they stopped for some reason or another but they are going to resume production again. wonder what they did?
Might have been issues with the mold or something.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
yeah, like that doesn't worry me..... lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone running these tires? About time for me to start tire shopping. I think these are relatively new.
I'm on my second set of H50 I love them. Oem Dunflaps 24000 Km (14900 US miles) Mitchy 24000 Km front tyre noisier but better in the wet, rear din't cup as much as the Dunlops. H50 quieter more confident handling wet and dry 24000 km no cupping of tread. Unless someone brings out a superior tyre (or tire as you guys across the ditch say) I have found THE tyre/tire for my 2016 FLTRXS Tour Pak and often two up 80,000 Km so far. As soon as Covid allows we off on another 5500 Km jaunt around some of the best country on earth. The Great Southern Land Down under!;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone running these tires? About time for me to start tire shopping. I think these are relatively new.
I have a 2010 roadglide custom just put on the third set of Dunlops OEM design they’re made for that bike and they work great At the time of inspection they said all I needed was a new front tire even though the rear had 16,000 miles on it I put two on . The difference was so profound that I will never run them 16 K again my wife’s 17 RGS those tires were replaced at 12,000 miles just to keep it safe. Her 17 is our fifth Harley in 15 years I have never run an aftermarket tire on any of them ever and they’ve never let me down once be safe

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a 2010 roadglide custom just put on the third set of Dunlops OEM design they’re made for that bike and they work great At the time of inspection they said all I needed was a new front tire even though the rear had 16,000 miles on it I put two on . The difference was so profound that I will never run them 16 K again my wife’s 17 RGS those tires were replaced at 12,000 miles just to keep it safe. Her 17 is our fifth Harley in 15 years I have never run an aftermarket tire on any of them ever and they’ve never let me down once be safe
Next time, you may want to take a look at the Dunlop American Elite tires. They are designed by the same people for the same bike. They are essentially the same tire but they do have a slightly different tread pattern. I prefer them. I've found they don't follow the grates in bridges and the "road snakes" like the OEM tires do. I think Indian is now using them as their OEM tires.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I run OE branded tires on my Dyna.....and the only reason is the size I run on the rear is only produced by two different people. Other then that I see no reason to run an OE branded tire. The fact that the tires has HD printed on it makes them over priced. There are better tires out there for less money, and I'm not into throwing away money...just me.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Over the many years of riding I’ve used many different brands of tires.
The least ones I liked were the Dunlops. I had them on for a few days and couldn’t get them off fast enough. The ones I like the most are Avons.
I’ve never used Bridgestone’s but would give them a try.
I’m not one looking to get the most mileage out of tires I care how they handle and feel.
But that’s just my .02 cents on the subject.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
When I put Michelin Scorchers on mine I was amazed how better it was than OEM.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts