Road Glide banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
When I put Michelin Scorchers on mine I was amazed how better it was than OEM.
Scorchers fall into that Harley branded tire realm. That’s what I run on my Dyna cause it’s one of the few 180s that’s made to fit the rear rim. But they are overpriced. You can find a better tire for the money.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Scorchers fall into that Harley branded tire realm. That’s what I run on my Dyna cause it’s one of the few 180s that’s made to fit the rear rim. But they are overpriced. You can find a better tire for the money.
I got them from an Independent shop for around $330. No complaints from me on on that price at all.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I got them from an Independent shop for around $330. No complaints from me on on that price at all.
I don’t think they make Scorchers in the right size for the newer bikes anyway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Next time, you may want to take a look at the Dunlop American Elite tires. They are designed by the same people for the same bike. They are essentially the same tire but they do have a slightly different tread pattern. I prefer them. I've found they don't follow the grates in bridges and the "road snakes" like the OEM tires do. I think Indian is now using them as their OEM tires.
I was finalizing the purchase of a set of Elites the service desk pulled out a 60.00 coupon from H-D if I bought the H-D series Dunlops.Couldn’t resist

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
and if you had bought the elites, you could of got a $40 rebate in the form of a visa gift card....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Is it a sticker?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No. Tire Paint pen. I’m gonna do the new ones before I have them out on so I don’t have to lay on the ground again. LOL

·
Registered
546 Posts
I wondered, a guy at work bought yellow Michlen stickers for the tires on his corvette, is the pen permanent?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I wondered, a guy at work bought yellow Michlen stickers for the tires on his corvette, is the pen permanent?

Pretty much yes. It might wear off but it’d probably take a while.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
FYI...if anyone is thinking about painting the letters on their tires, its WAAAAY easier to paint them with the tires off the bike....LOL

·
Registered
496 Posts
FYI...if anyone is thinking about painting the letters on their tires, its WAAAAY easier to paint them with the tires off the bike....LOL
Having a lift table wouldn't be so bad to do the tires on the bike. But at ground level not so much.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I watched a youtube and the guy said its better with the weight on the tires cuz they flex when the weight goes on them. Besides mine are already mounted. I hate to be a copy cat but they are a very nice detail.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I watched a youtube and the guy said its better with the weight on the tires cuz they flex when the weight goes on them. Besides mine are already mounted. I hate to be a copy cat but they are a very nice detail.
Having a lift table wouldn't be so bad to do the tires on the bike. But at ground level not so much.
Laying on the ground doing it sucked, and I had the bike a jack when I did the ones on it now and it still sucked. The flex thing might make a difference but I can touch them up if need be once they are mounted. The lift table would be a good deal...if you had a scissor jack too so you could spin the wheels.

@Hopalong48 go ahead and copy...LOL. I didn't come up with it either. 😀 What color are you thinking?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2010 roadglide custom just put on the third set of Dunlops OEM design they’re made for that bike and they work great At the time of inspection they said all I needed was a new front tire even though the rear had 16,000 miles on it I put two on . The difference was so profound that I will never run them 16 K again my wife’s 17 RGS those tires were replaced at 12,000 miles just to keep it safe. Her 17 is our fifth Harley in 15 years I have never run an aftermarket tire on any of them ever and they’ve never let me down once be safe
Don't want to argue, as opinions on oils, tyres, etc. are often subjective and subject to bias and personal experience. I went looking for better wet road grip than the Dunlops offered and found the newer technology of the H50 Bridgestone to my personal liking. I found them to be superior in every way, hence safer for the way I ride, on the roads I ride. Next time you change out your tires try them. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised, unless the HD on the side wall is important to you. For me, when tires are doing their job you can't read the writing on the sidewall anyhow. :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
@Blackadler
Have you had them long enough to know what kind of mileage you think you’ll get out of them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
@Blackadler
Have you had them long enough to know what kind of mileage you think you’ll get out of them?
I get 24000km out of Dunlop, Mitchy and H50 Bridgestone. So wear the same, but I found the H50 rear cups less therefore end of tyre life grip is better on wet roads. The Bridgestone info says the H50 Battlecruise last longer but they must be comparing with their Battleax or Elite which I have run on other bikes. I liked them too but they didn't last as long as the H50s. I find the H50s give a more confident ride and seem to cushion better. I found the Mitchys slightly better than the Dunlops in the wet but at the cost of more road noise. The H50 are very quiet and turn-in quicker. I am now on my second set of H50 as I have close to 80,000 km on my 2016 road glide. I run 40 psi rear and 38 psi front. I also fitted 13 inch 218 Ultra rear shocks which I love and am now fitting 2020 front forks. I got T- boned by a car that didn't see me and as one fork leg was damaged I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade the front as well.The bike is not out of the repair shop yet and neither am I. The broken ankle has healed but the damaged rotor cuff was only operated on on Tuesday. so I'm out of action for a couple of months yet.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks for the info @Blackadler. If I can get the around the same mileage as I've got out of the Dunlop AE I'd be happy. The H50s can be had for a much better price.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Makes me a little sad that I just bought a new set of Dunlops, I will just have to wear them out as quickly as I can. I need to set my signature as, "you don't know what you don't know."

61 - 80 of 111 Posts