Road Glide banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Makes me a little sad that I just bought a new set of Dunlops, I will just have to wear them out as quickly as I can. I need to set my signature as, "you don't know what you don't know."

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Don't beat yourself up. Hopalong48 The Dunflaps are good but take care in the wet, and be diligent with your tyre pressures to reduce cupping, particularly on the rear. You won't eliminate it but you can reduce it by running 40-42 psi constantly. (of course only check when tyres are cold, don't release air when they are hot which I assume you know but I mention it to be safe)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
I got the tires on yesterday. Only road it home but I did jump on the highway and they felt pretty smooth. I did have to go over some of the letters, but I think it was mostly due to the mounting process as the front was much worse then the back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ended up with a nail in my stock rear tire. Luckily I have the tire/wheel warranty, however, the only tire in stock and available at the dealer was the H50. They hooked me up and I spent the next hour and a half in the rain leaving Nashville. 700 miles home to VA with no issues. 14000 miles on the stock, and if not for the nail i feel like i could have run another 1-2k miles. Happy with the H50 tire so far, will look to get the front done this fall.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I ended up with a nail in my stock rear tire. Luckily I have the tire/wheel warranty, however, the only tire in stock and available at the dealer was the H50. They hooked me up and I spent the next hour and a half in the rain leaving Nashville. 700 miles home to VA with no issues. 14000 miles on the stock, and if not for the nail i feel like i could have run another 1-2k miles. Happy with the H50 tire so far, will look to get the front done this fall.
Wait!!!! Who had them in stock in Nashville???

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Hahaha........Moonshine had at least one !!!
DAMN!!!! I was hoping it wasn’t them. I could have saved some money. They were doing 25% off and $75 installs. Crap.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
So I'm down in the Smokies right now. Did a 178 mile loop and the Bridgestone's are a pretty nice tire to me. Felt great on the Dragon. Stopped for the obligatory picture at Deal's gap and the headed left on to the Moonshiner/Hellbender 28 or what ever they are calling it now. It rained the hole time I was on 28 and they felt just as good. Obviously I wasn't going that fast on 28 due to the rain and the haze coming off the river but as long as these give me as good of mileage as I got from the Dunlop AEs I'll get them again

·
Registered
758 Posts
Count me in the Bridgestone brigade. Got mine yesterday. Looks good, we'll see how it does when the rubber meets the road.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mounted mine today. Did a big smokey one with the crappy Dunflop Elite and got to work. Damn that sucker has a stiff sidewall. Tire looks good, short blast up the mountain without pushing it and the tire feels good in the curves. The Dunflop lasted about 10k so anything over that with the Bridgestone and I have a winner. 49.4K on the bike now so we will see.

·
Registered
546 Posts
The more posts I read on these tires the more I want to try them. If I can get another 5K on the Dunlops by winter I will swap them out for the H50s.
I love riding on new tires, it reminds me how crappy tires were 50-60 years ago. If they would hold air we rode them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
For the guys that bought these H50, more money than AEs? Less? About the same?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
For the guys that bought these H50, more money than AEs? Less? About the same?

Less. A lot less. DennisKirk is just about giving away the rear tire for mine right now $150. Front is ~$30 cheaper than the AE.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Less. A lot less. DennisKirk is just about giving away the rear tire for mine right now $150. Front is ~$30 cheaper than the AE.
Wow! I am starting to look at sneakers and might go with these as well. And if cheaper too, that is a plus.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
With all the great reviews on these tires, I think that I will give them a try at My next tire change.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
With all the great reviews on these tires, I think that I will give them a try at My next tire change.
Mike U.
So we will have a bunch of happy campers - or a bunch of pissed off campers!

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
So we will have a bunch of happy campers - or a bunch of pissed off campers!

Dan seems that @Blackadler is extremely happy with them as he's on his second pair on his 16 Glide.
I read up on the new "Ultimate Eye" technology that Bridgestone uses in manufacturing tires and it seems to be on the money, so to speak.
I'm hoping The H50's will live up to My expectations. I'm not concerned about how many miles they will last but how well they ride in normal and wet weather.
Time will tell.
I will probably purchase and mount them before next riding season.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Dan seems that @Blackadler is extremely happy with them as he's on his second pair on his 16 Glide.
I read up on the new "Ultimate Eye" technology that Bridgestone uses in manufacturing tires and it seems to be on the money, so to speak.
I'm hoping The H50's will live up to My expectations. I'm not concerned about how many miles they will last but how well they ride in normal and wet weather.
Time will tell.
I will probably purchase and mount them before next riding season.
Mike U.
I agree. I would rather have a tire that does not last a crazy long time in expense of good traction. On a car- fine. But on a bike I want tons of traction wet and dry. And traction means less tire life. I am fine with that. I have on my list of things to do to call the place that will be doing my stuff and see if they can get them. If not I will see if I can drop them off and buy myself!

81 - 100 of 111 Posts