Road Glide banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
It figures, with the lousy roads here in New York, that the Warranty isn’t valid.
That’s okay with me, I already purchased the H50’s for My 12 Custom and will be installing them soon just waiting on a new rear rotor, bolts and pads.
I’ll report back once I get some mileage on them.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
My ride home was nice and smooth. All vibration is gone. What has me scratching my head now is what air pressure to run. Dunlop’s and Michelin’s maxed at 42 and Harley says 36/40. The H50’s have a max of 42 front and 49 rear. These pressures are for max weight capacity. The shop recommended 40 front, 46 rear. 40 up front felt like too much on the freeway so I’m gonna back it down. What do you guys think about pressures?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
My ride home was nice and smooth. All vibration is gone. What has me scratching my head now is what air pressure to run. Dunlop’s and Michelin’s maxed at 42 and Harley says 36/40. The H50’s have a max of 42 front and 49 rear. These pressures are for max weight capacity. The shop recommended 40 front, 46 rear. 40 up front felt like too much on the freeway so I’m gonna back it down. What do you guys think about pressures?
I've been keeping mine around the 36/40 mark cold.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've been keeping mine around the 36/40 mark cold.
I was trying to calculate weights vs psi and with my ultra, two people and full luggage I need about 90% capacity (1500lbs. I rounded up) So I’m gonna try 38/45. I forgot what GVWR is. I’ll go look.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I was trying to calculate weights vs psi and with my ultra, two people and full luggage I need about 90% capacity (1500lbs. I rounded up) So I’m gonna try 38/45. I forgot what GVWR is. I’ll go look.
Post what you end up with, because I couldn't decide what to use either. So when I looked at Bridgestone's web page they said to use the vehicle manufactures recommendations.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I recalculated our touring weight and we are right at the max of 1360 GVWR. I’m making an educated guess that the bike is 35% front, 65% rear. This is an Ultra. Here’s the numbers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
So from what I can figure, if Harley says 36 minimum front (36 is 86% of 42) that would make the rear 42 (42 is 86% of 49). If I’m not calculating this in my head correctly let me know. I’m trying to think logically. 90% of tire capacity would be 38/44 psi.
Edit- calculating in my head = using a calculator LOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
I won't be going back to dunlops anytime soon: Here are my two cents on the matter from my experience from a different thread. I'm on my second set of these Battlecruise H50s.

New tires from Bridgestone

New tires from Bridgestone

My latest rear tire must have been sitting on the shelf as well. The DOT date wasn't from 2020. Made me want to call Rocky Mountain ATV/MC to buy the rest of their inventory, didn't know if they were planning on still carrying it or not. I hope they do. I only buy my tires from those guys.

Reactions: azgrumbles

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just thought of it another way. If the front tire max is 42 and we run 36, that’s 86%. If the rear max is 42 but we run 40, that’s 95%. So then our number would be 36/46. Anyone confused yet? Besides me?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ok. I’m officially insane about this. I looked up specs on OE tires.
36/41 front. 40/42 rear. Front is 88%. Rear 95%.
H50’s- front 42 max. Rear 49 max. 88% front is 37. 95% rear is 46.6.
Im gonna do 37/47. Thank you, g’night. Tip your waitress. Bed time...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just rode to work. Tires are smooth at 37/47. Turn in is better. Only thing I notice is the front end feels “lighter” or a little squirrelly. Not dangerously so, just noticeable. Probably due to the shape of the front tire. Looks more rounded. Got to work and inspected. Both sides of the rear tire have odd flat shiny areas around the edges. Maybe from sitting on a shelf for 3 years? Also, are the axle cams supposed to be lined up the same? I noticed they’re a bit off. Please let me know so I can adjust if needed.
ODD LINE ON SIDES

RIGHT AXLE CAM

LEFT AXLE CAM

·
Registered
516 Posts
So with my air pressures dialed in, the bike handles awesome. It turns into a corner on a dime. My only issue right now is it’s a little sensitive on the freeway. At 75 I can let go of the bars and it goes straight as an arrow, but if I wiggle the bars I can get the bike to wobble. Anyone else notice this? Maybe it’s because it’s new rubber. Maybe it’s because of the tire design with the rib down the middle of the front tire. IDK. I’m gonna give it some time and see if it settles in. One thing I can say about the C3’s is the bike felt like it was on rails.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Mine gets a little wobbly around trucks. But it did that with the OE tire too. Other then that mine is good to go.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Anymore updates on these tires for you guys that are running them? Interested in feedback, good or bad. Thanks!!!!

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I went with azgrumbles tire pressures and it rides great! (I only did about three miles though...) Weather is slowly getting crappy and riding season for me here in Pittsburgh is coming to a close. Lots of wet leaves down too. I might try to get out this weekend for more entertainment.

So far, I am happy with them. I am curious on lengevity. I would rather not buy tires every year....

·
Registered
516 Posts
I went back down to 37/47 psi as the front felt a little light footed. These tires react quickly if that’s what you’re looking for. Remind me of the Commander 2. I honestly liked the Commander 3s better but with their issues right now I can’t recommend them. The Bridgestone’s ride nice and smooth and are plenty grippy. No experience in rain.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts