Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching to find a good, bright set of LED bulbs to put on my 2015 RGS tail lights because they are not very bright and not very visible during the day or in traffic. I recently came across a company that specializes in LED products for another industry and the bulbs they have put out around 800 lumens. That is a lot of light, if you don't know. They are billet aluminum housing LEDs and are made in America. They come with a 2 year warranty and are available in red and amber and are less than $40.00 for a pair. The only issue with them is that the aluminum housing has a 90 degree shoulder on it in the area near the bottom and the reflector in the bullet turn signal housing stops it from going all the way down into the slot to twist and lock. I modified mine to work and sent pictures and a description of the modification to the manufacturer to see if they can make the change so they will RG Forums first(I'm a shark rider, hey!). I will post a few pictures so you can see what the red ones look like(amber on backorder presently) and I can email you a short video of them flashing if you like. I have added the Custom Dynamics flashed module to my bike so you can really see these things light up the place when they are activated. Not knocking Custom Dynamics or anyone else but I really have a hard time spending right at $100.00 for one pair of bulbs. Let me know what you all think so I can get us a supply of goodies in the pipeline.:)

Attachments

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pictures of led bulbs

Here is a flash. It distorts the picture because it is so bright.
The saddlebag lights are the ones from Harley Davidson. Mine has the smoke lenses and they are also available with red lenses. In case you didn't notice, there are smoke lenses on the bullet turn signals that you see in these pictures. That red led light is so bright that it shines right thru them without changing color.
Looking for your feedback!!

Nick

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.