Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://brocksperformance.com/v-twin/bst-carbon-fiber-wheels/

So I was browsing the interwebs and found these wheels. Anyone know someone who has a set?

I've been fascinated with the concept of making touring bikes lighter. With the recent developments in Harley's line ups and them placing the 107 ci in the newly designed softtail frames, they are hitting close to the mark. Although touring bikes aren't designed for being "quick", if you've been around the touring genre long enough you will have noticed that there are many people spending thousands of dollars on motors to get every last drop of horsepower out of our lumbering giants. I must admit that up until the release of the 107 there really was a need for more horsepower and torque. The 88, 96 and 103 were awful motors fresh out of the box yet that is a whole different rabbit hole. SO! Back to the topic at hand. I removed ~12 lbs off the front of my 2006 by removing the radio and the bulk of steel that was used mount the radio and hold the fairing. I had a shop here custom build a fairing mount out of aluminum that weighed in at an astonishing 9 oz. I hypothesize that our cast aluminum wheels probably add to close to 20lbs of the overall weight of the bike. Wonder what a set of these wheel would weigh in at and how that would help us achieve the optimum power to weight ratio?!

Thoughts on these?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I've seen these wheels more and more on Instagram. The performance bagger is quickly replacing the big wheel bagger and these wheels, reduced weight, inverted forks, big motor & brakes are key parts.

I'm not a fan of the looks of the slim, 5 spoke wheels. On a bike the size and weight of a Road Glide, the wheels just don't look right to me and thicker spokes would go a long way in appearance, but add more weight. But the key is that these wheels will reduce unsprung weight on the bike.

Reactions: hawk06Glide
1 - 2 of 2 Posts