Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2016 Velocity Red Sunglo Roadglide. Since I purchased this bike over a year ago, I have wanted to put a medium brown leather seat on it. My wife and kids act revolted any time I mention the idea. For some reason I think it would look beautiful.

I am looking at a Corbin solo saddle with a removable passenger pillion. I will also likely add a chopped tour pack and need to get the matching chopped pad in brown as well.

Anyone have asthetic thoughts on brown leather against red? Am I really that weird or tasteless to think this combo would be really sharp?

Does anyone have good pics of a Velocity red bike with a brown seat? I have spent time searching google images and seem to still come away with thinking it would be cool.

If you have any pics that you would be willing to share I would love to see them.

Thanks in advance.

-c

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do the wife & kids own shares in the bike. My wife hates my bars, all that matters is that I like em. She doesn't ride my bike.

If you want it then buy it and install it.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Corbin will send sample swatches of their material.

Harley has a brown solo low touring with passenger seat. Harley has a try before you buy policy on seats. Finding a dealer who has one in stock, or is willing to order it even if you don't buy might be the challenge.

I am still searching for the perfect brown motorcycle jacket.

I was looking at adding some blue to a Corbin seat until I got the deal on my heated Corbin on this forum.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quicksilver- Good point. I am the sole share holder in this venture. Although I will say that my wife did buy it for me as my birthday present last year. Good woman.

TwoWheelAddict- Didn't think about Corbin sending out a sample of the brown leather I am considering. I will be sure to contact them tomorrow and ask after a sample. How do you like the heated option on the Corbin you picked up. I didn't think I would ever want that, but I found myself putting a good bit of miles on the bike through the winter. If I found a nice sunny day even with some chilly weather it was nice to be able to get out. I am thinking the heated seat would make the bike just that much more comfortable.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've seen more than a few Indian's with red paint and brown upholstery. Not so much on Harley's by not sure why... would look as good as black to me, but as said above, do what pleases you, you're the daily admirer!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Here in middle TN the temperature can vary greatly in a day. The heated seat and grips allow me to head out in the morning without too many layers that I would have to store on the way home, or stop and remove during a ride.

Not going to keep you as warm as a heated vest, but I like that is is there and available when needed.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Totally think that brown would look awesome with Red. I'm looking forward to modifying the stock seat and it will have memory foam and a brown form of skin in my Velocity Red Sunglo bike. Totally agree with everyone else make your bike tasteful but to your taste not someone else's. Post pics when you make your mod, it's going to look good. Hey Chowman your seat and bike look like they belong together ! Totally sweet look.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Canderso, I have a 2011 Sedona Orange with a Corbin solo in bomber jacket brown. I get lots of compliments. I think your bike in red would look really nice with a brown seat.
Hey Chowman63, that seat looks great!!! That's a perfect combination, how comfortable is?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Diese, thanks. I was unsure when I first got the seat. Real firm, but the more I rode the more comfy it got. I had read here on the the forum about Cobin seats, the more miles you ride the more comfy they get. I have no problem doing 450 miles a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chowman63- You have a beautiful bike. Great color. I definitely like the color on the bomber jacket brown you have there with the sedona orange.

I contacted Corbin today and requested a few samples of the brown leathers they offer. My number one pick is the Indian tan leather. But that is simply based on the sample colors as they display on the computer screen. I should have 4 different brown leather samples this week to compare against the scooter to see if I like it in person.

Silly as it may seem, I am excited to get the samples and the idea of a new seat.

-c

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Canderso1970 what ever brown you go with I know it will look awesome. Make sure you post pics when you get your new seat.
I do have the seat and back rest for the wife, also a king tour trunk with the back rest with the arms all in brown. I would post a pic but I don't have any with the trunk on.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Anyone have asthetic thoughts on brown leather against red? Am I really that weird or tasteless to think this combo would be really sharp?
I personally think it would look good, so that makes at least a few of us weirdos.

Though not the exact same color bike as yours, I really liked the look of the 2001 FXDWG2 Dyna Wide Glide. Back in the day, dealer had one on display mounted up above the checkout registers. I thought it looked bad ass, and they were far and few between. Besides that awesome paint, that seat made the bike stand out.

About two weeks later, waiting at a stop light in my cage, one pulled up right next to me. Man that thing looked even better out in the sun. Anyway, have always been a fan of tan/brown interiors in black/silver/blue/red cars. To me it looks classy.
When you get those those swatches and you're laying them up against the paint to see what looks better, or putting them on your seat to get an idea in your mind's eye, use Easyryder01's pic as a template, and put each swatch on the seat and see how it looks to you. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks guys. The plan is to go with the Classic Solo seat, a pillion pad (likely the Touring style), and the Chopped tour pack backrest. The stitching on the seat will be a diamond pleat. I will likely keep only the solo seat on the bike and just throw the Touring pad on when I am carrying a passenger.

-c

·
Registered
43 Posts
Canderso, I have a 2015 in Mysterious Red Sunglo and have had the same thoughts since buying it...The corbin Hollywood Solo is what I've been looking at online, but the Classic Solo would be cool too...make sure you post pics when you get it done...I need the extra push to put me over the cost barrier, if you know what I mean!....

Great minds think alike!...hope to see the pics soon!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think brown would look great.I was looking for a custom seat and just happen to get a good deal on a C &C seat.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Canderso, I have a 2015 in Mysterious Red Sunglo and have had the same thoughts since buying it...The corbin Hollywood Solo is what I've been looking at online, but the Classic Solo would be cool too...make sure you post pics when you get it done...I need the extra push to put me over the cost barrier, if you know what I mean!....

Great minds think alike!...hope to see the pics soon!
I have the same bike and have wondered the same thing about those same seats. Part of me thinks it would look really cool, but then I'd feel like I'd be forced to incorporate that brown color elsewhere on the bike. And I don't know that brown leather and chrome are the best combo. I really think brown/red is a combination that looks good on certain styles of bikes, but maybe not on a road glide. I hope someone buys one and posts pictures!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
macabra11- Interestingly that was my wife's comment. Red and brown look good on some things, but she wasn't sure about the look on the Roadglide. I also get the point that you might feel like you want to incorporate the brown elsewhere on the bike. Not sure what that would be though.

At this point, I am just waiting on the sample leather swatches. I will take pics of each sample against the paint on the bike and post them here for all to see.

Hopefully by the end of this week.

-c

Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
...also get the point that you might feel like you want to incorporate the brown elsewhere on the bike. Not sure what that would be though.
-c
About the only other place I can think of is on the grips.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts