Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can comment. Im looking at the Mustang brown wide tripper vs. the Harley low profile touring seat. Can anyone tell me if one is more substantial, or more comfortable then the other? I would be spending a bunch by the time I buy the passenger pillion and backrest so hate to buy the wrong one. These would be for everyday and day trips as I have a Hammock for long trips with the wife.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/low-profile-solo-seat-pa-16-52000057-1
Mustang Brown Wide Tripper Solo Seat with Diamond Stitching | 605-475 | J&P Cycles

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I can tell you that the hd seat is not very 'substantial', but I don't know how it compares to the mustang. also, the hd seat is vinyl.

I don't know where you're getting the hd seat from, but msrp is $359

for almost the same seat, consider the cvo solo seat. almost identical, except the seating surface is leather.

quick reference for part numbers:

52000042 black/grey seat
52400024 black/grey pillion

52000043 brown/gold seat
52400025 brown/gold pillion

52000056 black/gold seat
52400038 black/gold pillion

I've done several long trips on mine, and while my ass does get sore after a while, I don't think it gets any more sore than it would on any other seat. it isn't so bad that a quick walk at a gas stop is plenty to alleviate it. no issues with over 12 hrs in a day in the saddle.

for the best pricing, contact jon at hornytoad hd on these seats. I've purchased 2 of them over the past couple of years. service and price can't be beat.

[email protected]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I googled it and saw these and like that idea. In other posts you said that the CVO seat seems better quality as well. I appreciate the info and like that idea better than my original one.

I can tell you that the hd seat is not very 'substantial', but I don't know how it compares to the mustang. also, the hd seat is vinyl.

I don't know where you're getting the hd seat from, but msrp is $359

for almost the same seat, consider the cvo solo seat. almost identical, except the seating surface is leather.

quick reference for part numbers:

52000042 black/grey seat
52400024 black/grey pillion

52000043 brown/gold seat
52400025 brown/gold pillion

52000056 black/gold seat
52400038 black/gold pillion

I've done several long trips on mine, and while my ass does get sore after a while, I don't think it gets any more sore than it would on any other seat. it isn't so bad that a quick walk at a gas stop is plenty to alleviate it. no issues with over 12 hrs in a day in the saddle.

for the best pricing, contact jon at hornytoad hd on these seats. I've purchased 2 of them over the past couple of years. service and price can't be beat.

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
yes, but unfortunately, not all of their seats are on the demo. at least not at my dealer.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have that exact CVO seat, I really like it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jon got back in touch with me and I'll be getting it sent next week. The CVO was about 70.00 more than the others. Still trying to decide which one, thinking the black would save a hundred bucks as I've got the low passenger backrest already but the brown is different and might look good with the blue bike.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
remember, the p&a seat is vinyl. the cvo seats have some leather in them. if that is a consideration for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remember, the p&a seat is vinyl. the cvo seats have some leather in them. if that is a consideration for you.
I've had leather couches and in my car or truck but never had a leather seat for a bike. In the grand scheme of life 70.00 is a non issue. Do you like the leather seats on bikes?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I personally prefer leather. vinyl will look 'new' longer, but leather will develop a patina with age. leather breathes, while vinyl doesn't.

my seat is over 2 years old, and it still looks good. I do put some leather conditioner on once a year. on the cvo seat, the seating surface is leather, while the sides are vinyl. that helps it to maintain it's look longer.

really, in the end, it's up to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts