Road Glide banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much debate and back and forth with bars (looking at pictures on this site for hours).....Finally pulled the trigger on a set of apes for my 15 RG,...6 to 8 weeks. Went with BR's bars 14 inch, sweeping beater, 1.5 inch, rolled forward. I have ordered from him before on my Roadstar, qaulity product and service, the wait is long, but well worth it. Pics to come in the future.

1- With BR'S 14 inch bars will I need extended cables? anyone know for sure? If so whats a safe guestamation?

2-If so who is the best vendor to get cables from at a fair price?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info,..Ive heard I need extended, ...Ive heard there is no need to get extended and Ive heard its a tight fit, and Ive heard they will barley make it with some cutting of zip ties and re-routing.

I guess its trial by fire.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have BR's 12" New Wave 2 and did not have to extend the cables. I will tell you I dont see how its possible to get two more inches out of the stock cables. I had to work pretty hard to get enough for my 12's.

I was also told 6-8 weeks but when I called at 8 weeks I was told they had just been made. It took 2 more weeks to get due to powdercoating and shipping. This was the only part I was not real thrilled with, the bars are awesome though, very happy with them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know you may have already done this installation, but this is my experience. I helped a friend install 12" Hawg Halter bars on his '15 RGS and it was everything we could do to get enough out of the hydraulic lines. I can't see how you could get 2 inches more out of them. If you do, great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.