Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey @Bruce00,

How ya doing? Hows rehab? Just seen a post you made in one of my threads and dont know how I didn't reply to it. My bad.

Made me wonder how the fuck you were. Keep.the faith brother. You'll be back at it in no time.

Hope all is getting better. Bike totalled?

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Reactions: madmat and RFG7680

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Big_gary

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I tried 4 times to post a reply.......had to give up as its been a rough day

Reactions: madmat and RFG7680

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Take it easy Bruce. Pop in when ya can.
Hey brother

Doing better everyday, except sometimes its hard to see it.
Had to lie to my rehab therapists and tell them I had somebody staying with me, or they wouldn't have released me to go home and continue as an out patient. As it was, I was gone 1 day shy of a month.
All I wanted was to sleep in my own bed, but quickly realized I have to sleep on my back with no rolling over as the ribs will no allow it, so living on the sofa. Swelling has gone down in my chest, so I feel the plate now. Chest and where the doc cut me to go in, is a source of pain now 24/7. I guess that's good, as it shows Iam healing.
Finally attempted the stairs to the basement 2 days ago to wash some towels. The friggin safety relief valve on my boiler is dripping water onto the basement floor.....I haven't been in the basement since Sept 25, so its a mess. I changed out the safety last night with one arm, as I haven't gotten use of my left arm yet, wore the fuk out of me on a simple job like that....smh
Just showed me how far I still have to go...…..

Still hanging around.

**Edit**
Yeah bike is totaled. I was surprised how much those rear crash bars provided protection. By all rights I should have had my left leg crushed. As it turned out, I have a deep puncture would on my left calf, 6 inches long and 2 inches deep. I go to the Wound Center at the hospital once a week to have it checked. Last Friday the doctor said its healing good

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to hear you're healing. I can sympathize with the bed thing. And I was only in the hospital 11 days. 2-7-2. And not all at once. Take it easy and take it slow. Steady progress.

Sorry about the bike. But you wanted a 2020 anyway. Didnt ya?

Reactions: Bruce00

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Good to hear you're healing. I can sympathize with the bed thing. And I was only in the hospital 11 days. 2-7-2. And not all at once. Take it easy and take it slow. Steady progress.

Sorry about the bike. But you wanted a 2020 anyway. Didnt ya?
Well YEAH I wanted a new one.....LOL I did some shopping and the best deal I could muster was my bike and $12K, that was giving me $12K for my 62,000 mile bike. If you saw the numbers offered by my insurance company Iam getting $18,505 for my bike after the $500 deductible. And I took the lowers and tourpak off during the summer months, they are sitting in the garage.

Was at the lawyers Monday going over paperwork and looking at my insurance paperwork, there is a clause for $500.00 safety clothing and $8000.00 in extras. The $18K offer included $800.00 in extras.
My first thought was to take the money, but the lawyer said he might be able to get another few thousand $$, so.....

Waiting for a buddy to come by and we're going to the HD dealer and see what they hace in the computer on stuff I bought (I know I bought the mesh jacket I was wearing that saved a lot of flesh, there) and going to the Indian dealer to see the new bike up close and get some numbers. I have never bought anything other than Harleys, when I bought my first bike at 18 (1967 900 XLCH) to my RGS but I want to see whats out there. But at my age, 66, it way too late to change ;)

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well YEAH I wanted a new one.....LOL I did some shopping and the best deal I could muster was my bike and $12K, that was giving me $12K for my 62,000 mile bike. If you saw the numbers offered by my insurance company Iam getting $18,505 for my bike after the $500 deductible. And I took the lowers and tourpak off during the summer months, they are sitting in the garage.

Was at the lawyers Monday going over paperwork and looking at my insurance paperwork, there is a clause for $500.00 safety clothing and $8000.00 in extras. The $18K offer included $800.00 in extras.
My first thought was to take the money, but the lawyer said he might be able to get another few thousand $$, so.....

Waiting for a buddy to come by and we're going to the HD dealer and see what they hace in the computer on stuff I bought (I know I bought the mesh jacket I was wearing that saved a lot of flesh, there) and going to the Indian dealer to see the new bike up close and get some numbers. I have never bought anything other than Harleys, when I bought my first bike at 18 (1967 900 XLCH) to my RGS but I want to see whats out there. But at my age, 66, it way too late to change ;)
I know that. Bought my first Harley at 17. 1984 Lowrider. And at 52. I cant change. Looked at the BMW 1600B But the lack of a soul made it a no deal. I cant wrap my head around the looks of the new Indian. Its a Cyclops Glide. lol

When you're done there just go get the new RG. :)

·
Registered
8,824 Posts

Glad to see you back up posting Bruce. Nothing like an old water heater to put you in the mood.
I heard an old Motor cop say he would never ride anything but a harley due to the crash bar system . I don't think Indians have them oem.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just got back from the Indian dealer/hot dog lunch/Harley dealer trip with some friends.

I just don't understand how the Indian dealer stays in business. I understand its a weekday, but if we weren't there, there would be nobody there. Plus the new Indian motorcycle was released yesterday and no sign of the new bike until mid Nov according to the sales staff. No brochure, no pamphlet, not even a picture of the new bike. Scratching my head......Hey Indian, why not wait until the bikes are in the dealers hands before you release the bike to the public!

Lunch was good with some much needed laughs

My dealer was able to provide me with a sales recipe for my mesh jacket that was destroyed, but saved my ass. The dealer was also able to get a list of accessories (with part#) added to my bike before delivery thru the HD dealer network site. Another win for me.

All in all, a very good day, but time to lay down and relax now...……….:wink:

Reactions: Mike U
1 - 12 of 12 Posts