Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this amp paired with the 7.1"'s? If so how and where did you mount it? I was looking at the instructions and it looks like they show it on top of the head unit.

I am running the PBR300x2 right now on h-donuts bracket and am wondering if this amp will fit on this bracket? My system rocks but I am always exploring for more and better stuff.

I am not planning on running more than two speakers on this bike ever thus the two channel.

THis amp is not inexpensive. I can get a good price but is it worth it compared to what I have now?

Also, will this potentially cause any stator or charging issues being a class D?

With audio there is much for me to learn.

Drew

·
Registered
264 Posts
Does anyone have this amp paired with the 7.1"'s? If so how and where did you mount it? I was looking at the instructions and it looks like they show it on top of the head unit.

I am running the PBR300x2 right now on h-donuts bracket and am wondering if this amp will fit on this bracket? My system rocks but I am always exploring for more and better stuff.

I am not planning on running more than two speakers on this bike ever thus the two channel.

THis amp is not inexpensive. I can get a good price but is it worth it compared to what I have now?

Also, will this potentially cause any stator or charging issues being a class D?

With audio there is much for me to learn.

Drew
I cant speak on the bt 2180 because I have never experienced it. However, I can say that it looks to be similar size to the two amps i have experience with. If that is the case, see if you can mount it on the inner fairing on either side directly above where the signal light housing is. As far as amp draw, I seriouly doubt that will be an issue. I at one point was running a PBR 300x2 and an arc 125.4 with four 6x9s, two 6.5s, and a pair of tweeters and NEVER had an issue with anything. I hope this helps and good luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts