1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD to @wamps98 - Great to work with.

BT2250 amp from BikeTronics
2x250; 500W RMS/1000W Peak/ 2 ohm stable
Includes BT355-m2 Line Leveler and Road Glide mount to mount below head unit in the fairing, and all wiring for a plug and play installation.

Link to BikeTronics product page for more details.

BT2250.14 - 250W RMS X 2 for 2014 up - Biketronics Inc

Works perfectly, I just removed it to put a bigger sound system in (all the components in my signature).

UPDATE: $350 o.b.o.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Are the speakers marine type, also looking at the biketronic webpage, it does not show the watts for the 2 amp. It shows it for the 4 amp, but I do not know much about amps. For some reason I could not find info on the speakers. Everything I found did not list them as legends, just pro or am I missing it again?

Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are the speakers marine type, also looking at the biketronic webpage, it does not show the watts for the 2 amp. It shows it for the 4 amp, but I do not know much about amps. For some reason I could not find info on the speakers. Everything I found did not list them as legends, just pro or am I missing it again?

Thanks
Here is the amp page on the BikeTronics web site. Click on “Product Info” to the right of the pictures and you’ll see the specs: 500 watts, 1000 peak

BT2250.14 - 250W RMS X 2 for 2014 up - Biketronics Inc

Here is the link to the speakers on their site

2015 and Up Road Glide Hertz Premium Speaker Kit - Biketronics Inc

Here is a link to the speakers on the Hertz web site

https://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-woofers-mille-legend-ml1650_3/

They are Hertz ML 1650.3 Legend speakers. I’m not selling the Hogtunes grills with the integrated tweeters because I’m using them, but I will include the Hertz tweeters that came with my Hertz MPK 165.3 speakers and a mount that came with my MPKs.

The speakers are not included in the amp price. They are not marine grade speakers, you won’t find truly marine grade speakers that are worth a [email protected], but you put three light coats of Never Wet on them and water will bead up and roll off if you get caught in the rain. I haven’t treated these as I haven’t had them out of the box since they were warrantied to me, but I can if you would like. I have a couple of bottles here. It would just add three-four days before I could ship as each coat needs to dry.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Thanks
+1

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I checked out the amp and speakers. The amp would blow my speakers out of the fairing. The amp and speakers you have would be a get combo, but my budget got a hit this weekend. I will keep this in mind when I get everything back in place to see if still available. Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have BT4180 Hertz MLK 1650.3 Legends in fairing and in tour pack pods. They take full power of the amp 16/17 and 17/17 and I use scotch guard on the speakers to protect them. Not a problem at all and over year in it and been through torrential down pours in Florida 50 miles to work 5p miles home not a problem.

41E21AAA-14FC-4572-A117-66C337E88B33_1573514428672.jpeg

1B20796A-D362-43E8-A5CC-22D8624C7C90_1573514487172.jpeg

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Speakers are sold. Amp setup is still available.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Could you use this system for a faring set up, and have separate speaker outputs from the head unit drive tour pack speakers? Obviously, the tour pack speakers wouldn’t be nearly as loud, but you would have the fader function, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could you use this system for a faring set up, and have separate speaker outputs from the head unit drive tour pack speakers? Obviously, the tour pack speakers wouldn’t be nearly as loud, but you would have the fader function, right?
Yes, You could just run your front speakers through the amp, or you could run both front and rear through the amp and run them in parallel. If you run all four off of the amp you would boost sound, but loose your fader function. If you just run the front fairing speakers though the amp you would boost the front sound only and rear speakers would be unaffected. If you wanted to boost both front and rear sound and retain the fader function you’d need a 4 channel amp.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great Christmas present. Make me an offer

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just sitting in my garage waiting to be put in your bike. Make me an offer and make a huge upgrade for next season.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, that’s how I was using it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, that is correct. The Sony xav-ax5000 should have built in EQ adjustments. The line levelers purpose is to flatten the EQ coming out of the stock Harley head units.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My entire front end it apart right now while I finish up the paint and upgrade my sound system (again). If you want an installation video showing you how to install it I can probably make you one Saturday.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don’t know where you are from, but if you want to come to Charlotte NC I’ll install it for you so you can hear it before finalizing anything.

Hertz SV 165.1s would be good. They can put almost all of the amp power to direct use. I have a set of them in my lowers now. I can connect them to the amp if I make you an install video if you want. They won’t have a lot of bass, but you lose the bass when you start moving anyway.

Hertz MPK 165 components have a very nice well rounded sound. They won’t be as loud as the SVs but they add more low end sound. I have a set of them in my upper fairing, so same deal on the video if you want.

I don’t have personal experience with them, but LOTS of guys swear by the MMAT Coax speakers.

Lots of other options on the BikeTronics site.

Hope this is helpful!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts