Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these speakers? Will be powering them with the RF 400w amp. They didn’t have any 5” speakers to go with the TP, but they recommended I buy the Alpine R-S65.2 coaxial speakers for the TP. Specs look good, and both speakers have the right ratings for the amp. Very curious how they will sound. Apparently I have to drill some holes in the TP pods to fit the new 6.5” speakers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m putting the new speakers in this week. I’m fairly confident the Alpines will be much better than the RF’s in the TP, but I’m. It confident at all that the BT will be better than the Focal (even though they are torn). we shall see. At least BT has full $$ back guarantee With return if you don’t like them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the Aplines installed today in the rear TPs. Didn’t have to drill anything as the bracket they can with aligned with the stock screw pattern. For $185 they sound way better than the RF TM5S speakers and can handle the power of the amp much better. Why would RF not build a speaker that works with the amp? Anyway, pretty happy. Tomorrow I’ll tackle the front speakers and see how those work. Hard to beat Focals.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ive heard those RF and their 6x9. Dam shame they send those speakers out with their lid kit. Im not impressed, or even Ok with the sound they have. Never been a RF fan anyway.
Your sig says Soundz, is that just a amp or?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had soundz but blew the speakers. And bought a tour pack so needed a new system with 4 channels. Plus I want BLuetooth etc so decided on the RF head unit and amp. So far the focals Are my favorit, but at $800/pair they should be. I’ll be putting in the BTs today.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
For the money that Soundz charges there isn't a warranty on them? Or is that only if you run their complete system?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was past the one year mark. It was their amp, but HD head unit and with the HD iPod they said don’t run it past half volume. Well whoops. Lol oh well. I needed a new amp for 4 Channels anyway.

BTW have the BT7P1 installed, not without modifying the speaker flange, it didn’t fit with the RF amp mounting location on the left Side, so Im sure I voided my warranty, whoops. But made them fit and they sound good. A lot more volume and no distortion at 3/4 volume. Adjusted the amp with the alpines in back and I’ve got a pretty rocking system. And the set of 4 speakers cost less than one set of Focals.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Good deal. Enjoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts