Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5000$ budget give or take a grand, lol! I am 350 lb large man who just got his doors blown off by CVO road glide and a 120R road king carb, I looked stupid! I have a 103 which I haven't touched yet! Want to burn rubber on demand and keep up with the factory toys! My winter project any ideas? please help, like to cruise the mountains and love to ride hard.

PS! cams and air cleaner are not going to do it as I have done that with all of my bikes.

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
If you can pull the motor , Drago or Hillside can build you a 124 and tell them to give it a bottle to boot:eek:

JtB

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Bang for your buck is to do headwork and cams to your 103". That'll give you enough extra to be happy, but won't give enough to race any 120R. My 103" was running 101/118. If you want to play with the big boys then plan on more than $5k. I'm into my 124" in my softail about $6k not to mention having to add injection, clutch, intake, etc. on top of the cost of the motor. It gets spendy.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will pay for the extras over time, I don't mind spending more just not at once. 5k now 2-3 k later. I just don't want to be disappointed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Why do you think you looked stupid???
First of all you are a large person and with your weight it is like riding 2 up all the time as far as the bike is concerned.
You took a stock 103 and tried to out run bikes that had a 110 and a 120 that may have had performance mods as well.
If you want to out run these bikes you should just pull the 103 and put in a S&S 124" and be done with it.
If you just want a nice touring bike then a 103 with a cam, intake, exhaust upgrades along with a good EFI tuner will give you miles of trouble free smiles.
Racing proves nothing and burnouts cost $$$ money because tires are not cheap and it is hard on the drive train.
Putting a $1000 or so in your stock 103 will give you some nice power for touring/cruising and lots of cash in your pocket.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I agree with you ironmark I'm a big guy too 295 and 6 1 and with just me on the bike and loaded I'm pushing the gvw and everyone I ride with can out run and I could care less I just want a dependable ride with some good bottom end power

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree a S&S 124 with the 585 cam. That has a great low to mid range power curve. Not to mention it will come with a 1 year warranty. No need to do any work to the engine what so ever. Outstanding power. :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've already done cams on my last 2 roadglides. Looking for the wow factor! Thanks for info guys, I'm going big! If I need another touring bike for the mountains I'll get a new glide. I think I just want to go fast for a while

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tour with the RG and the 124 no issues. In the pic its in touring mode. I pull the tour pack swap the seat and even a short wind screen and now you have the clean street machine look.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have my bike at Dragos right now getting his Diablo 2.5. I do not know about beating 120's or 110's, but it is supposed to have plenty of power and excellent driveability. Something along those lines might be an excellent place to start without blowing the complete budget. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
S&S offers their new T-144" engine that'll drop right into an '08-up chassis.
70mm t/body and a Bassani pipe.
They have tested that at 162 hp and 151 ft/lbs, at only 10.4 cr and their .635 cam.
Raise the squueze and install the .640.........!!:)
Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts