Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this but I recently found what I think is the best product for bug removal. Its called Bug Release and is made by Wizard products. It works so much better that everything else I've tried (and I tried darn near everything). I used it on a recent trip to Glacier and all the guys I rode with bought some when we got back and I bought a bigger bottle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
What store did you purchase it from? Some say a 50/50 mix of water and hydrogenperoxide will just dissolve the bugs. I have not tried it, and don't know what it will do to painted finish.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just use a bug sponge

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Have you ever tried Bug Slide ? I hear that works well also.

·
Registered
480 Posts
+1 on Wizard's Bug Release. I get mine at my local dealer.

Have also heard good things about Bug Slide but have no personal experience with it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Maybe it's because I don't leave bugs on very long, but I have never needed anything more than a damp microfiber cloth to get rid of bugs. Whenever I ride I usually go over the bike the next day, in sections, with a damp microfiber cloth followed by a dry one. If I rode yesterday and was going to ride today I might forgo the wipedown till tomorrow morning but, generally, I get the bugs off within 48 hours and they aren't a problem to get off.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I got some of this @ Sturgis a couple years ago. Works great!

Hunter's Bug Kutter:
http://www.hunterdetail.com/

It even works great on Windshields.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've never had an issue getting bugs off, original bike spirits and a cloth work great. Water and a sponge have worked too. I guess a good coat of wax on the bike helps.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
What store did you purchase it from? Some say a 50/50 mix of water and hydrogenperoxide will just dissolve the bugs. I have not tried it, and don't know what it will do to painted finish.
peroxide that you buy from the local drug store is pretty weak to start, i've used it straight and not had any problems.

another thing that works very well is to take a spray bottle, add a little bit of water (4 inches or so) and put a dryer sheet in there. shake it up a bit, then spray it on your dried bugs. then use another dryer sheet to wipe them off. i use the cheap sheets that you buy from dollar general for $1.50 box and they work just fine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I use the 50/50 mix of water and Hydrogen Peroxide. Spritz it on and let them dissolve for a minute or two, then wash as usual. No adverse effects on the finish.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Maybe it's Pennsylvania bugs aren't that sticky or something. But I'm with Lousiville Joe -- I just use a chamois and water ... or a sprits of the 'quick detailer' spray whatever I have on hand.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I use the bugs as a gauge to tell me when I need to wax the bike. If the bugs are hard to get off then that tells me that I need a fresh coat of wax/polish. I really like Wizard products and many others out there but I do find that if I keep a good coat of wax on the bike, at least on the areas that catch bugs, then they come off pretty easy with about any safe cleaner. A damp microfiber cloth works great like some others have said.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I spray the front of my bike down with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (right out of the bottle) then after a few minutes wipe the foamed up bug residue off with a warm damp micro fiber towel. Been doing this on many bikes for many years...inexpensive and effective.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts