Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of trying to convince her, I think I finally got the wife to agree and let me knock out everything I want to do to the bike (13 RGU) at once to get it out of the way. I've been eyeballing a lot of your bikes on here with a jealous eye, so now I'm gonna need some advice and words of wisdom as I start to build mine. Attached are some pictures of some bikes that have the "look" I'm going for. Bigger wheel up front, lowered stance, big bags and fender. I don't want to go bigger than a 21in wheel, due to messing with the rake and I also want to keep the bike as "rideable" as possible (wife rides on occasion). Here are my thoughts as of now, and where I could use some feedback.

1) Stretched bags/fender- Would like to do a package deal so everything lines up correctly. I have the ugly RGU fender, so I'll also get the Custom Dynamics Plasma rods as my brake/turn signals. I really like the bags that "cut up". I've attached a pic for reference. Will need to be painted Big Blue Pearl. The fender needs to accept the mounting hardware as I have a detachable tour pack.

2) Suspension- To get that lowered look, I'll probably end up going air ride in the rear. I'm aware of the DIY air ride thread on the forum, but that seems a little outside my comfort zone. I know a few folks on here have installed air ride kits for $500 and below, so I'm hoping they sound off on this. I would really like to have it be adjustable so I can set it for solo and two up riding. Will also need to get progressive monotubes up front to make up for the bigger wheel.

3) Wheels- Like I mentioned above, looking to go 21. This part is going to come down to price. I've got a few picked out that I like, from Coastal Moto and Hogpro. Will need at least a front (may do the rear if I get the deal of a lifetime), two rotors, tire and ABS bearings installed.

4) Front fender- Gonna change out the stock fender with a wrap fender. Haven't done much research on these yet, so any help would be appreciated. Will need to be painted, Big Blue Pearl.

5) Painted inner fairing- this really pulls everything together. How does this process work and how much does it run?

Any other ideas or something I'm forgetting?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Reference picture as to what I want my bike to look like.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Another reference picture

Reactions: RICKLB58

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's like we have the same bike and needs.

I just got the TopShop viper bags/fender and advise to do the same... ArlenNess is nice/cheaper but TopShop has the goods.

There is someone with inner fairings already painted, I cant find their info right now... I'll probably disassemble my stock inner fairing and paint it with the bags/fender.

I want a 180 rear wheel/tire put on the front and drop the whole fairing down an inch or two, instead of the big-wheel look.
I'm looking at Ohlins shocks for some added lower-ness.

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts