Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a 95" kit hoping for some fun torque numbers. Here's what I am thinking, please let me know if im on the right track.

Cylinders bored to 95"
SE Forged flat top pistons .010 over
stock heads, for now money is tight.
Andrews TW37B
Klock Werks true dual
Thunder max tuner.

What do y'all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
IMO save the money and forget about the heads, doing heads won't give you much more torque for the money spent. Take your stock heads down to a good Auto Machine Shop and have them clean up the valves and valve seats and put in new valve seals, that is what I did and the shop only charged me a $100 for the set, I did provide the valve seals.
The 88 inch engine with a big bore kit will not produce the torque the 96 inch engine will with a 103 big bore kit. Even though the parts are the same the problem will be in the stroke in the crank, the only difference between the 96/103 and the 88/95 engine is the stroke.
The 3/8 of an inch increase in stroke in the 96/103 will produce more torque but it will not produce the HP numbers that you will get out of a 88/95. On a 95 inch BB you should get around even HP/torque numbers such as 100 HP and 100 ft lb of torque for example where a 103 BB will produce numbers like 90 HP and 105 ft lbs of torque.
A good 95 inch BB will run great with the right cam and a good tune and they will keep up with any 103 out there.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
You can see what I was talking about when looking at Mailman 13357 95 inch build with the SE heads. Mailman 13357 has SE heads and he is getting 114 HP but only 106 ft lbs of torque.
You can get around 100 ft lbs of torque without spending a $1000 dollars or more on heads, and still be happy with your bike. The cam selection is the main thing when it comes to torque and the torque is what gets you down the road and pulls you up the hills not the HP so selecting a good low end/mid range torque cam is important.
My 103 BB with a SE 255 cam running a V&H true dual exhaust and stock heads got 89 HP and 107 ft lbs of torque, that is the difference the 3/8 of an inch stroke makes. JMO

·
Registered
889 Posts
You can see what I was talking about when looking at Mailman 13357 95 inch build with the SE heads. Mailman 13357 has SE heads and he is getting 114 HP but only 106 ft lbs of torque.
You can get around 100 ft lbs of torque without spending a $1000 dollars or more on heads, and still be happy with your bike. The cam selection is the main thing when it comes to torque and the torque is what gets you down the road and pulls you up the hills not the HP so selecting a good low end/mid range torque cam is important.
My 103 BB with a SE 255 cam running a V&H true dual exhaust and stock heads got 89 HP and 107 ft lbs of torque, that is the difference the 3/8 of an inch stroke makes. JMO
I'm not expert, but I agree, cams + intake/exhaust are going to make the biggest difference in torque. Plus a proper tune!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts