Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled on this site by looking for bagger parts and I need some help. I have over $5000 in parts locked up in a builders garage that I cant get access too. Luckily I have my bike and it isn't sitting with my parts in his garage so things could be worse. The builder undoubtedly ran into money trouble and filed bankruptcy and locked his doors. If any of you have been through this you know that im not in a good position. I have been waiting for over a year and have finally decided to write it off and maybe get surprised and get my parts back at some point. But that doesn't help me out now. I am converting my 2006 SG into a RG. I had all parts for the front end, 26" wheel and fender and new stretched bags and rear fender for the back along with stretched side panels and paid 50% upfront to this builder and now I have nothing to show for it. I am in need of new parts (used parts are fine also) and I have a budjet of $3000 since the majority of my money is tied up in the other parts that I don't have access to. I realize that the wheel conversion is going to have to wait but I would like to go ahead and do the fairing conversion and rear fender saddlebag conversion and was wondering if someone might be able to point me in a direction for some good used parts or relatively inexpensive new parts. I don't want junk but I cant afford top of the line now due to my situation. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
There are your parts that you paid for? Then it is theft you can make a report of it and file criminal charges and drop them if he returns the parts. The fact that he filed bankruptcy doesnt matter your property is still your property..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are your parts that you paid for? Then it is theft you can make a report of it and file criminal charges and drop them if he returns the parts. The fact that he filed bankruptcy doesnt matter your property is still your property..
I have already tried going that route. Hell the last time I went to his shop the sheriff was there and I had all the paper work with me to show that I owned all the parts. The cop told me that he couldn't release anything to me without written orders from the judge. The judge told me due to me having a contract with the builder that he couldn't release my parts to me even with proof that I owned them. Its a messed up situation for sure. There are bikes in the shop that others own and they cant even have them released until the bankruptcy is settled. Im sure it will get sorted out eventually but how long is it going to take is the real question.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that shit happens and people come on hard times but man all I want are the parts that I paid for. Im considered a creditor now and have to wait for all the other BS to get sorted out before I can get anything back. Im pretty sure the guys with the bikes locked up are going to have an easier time than me but who knows at this point.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Thats the American justice system for you, the system is real good at screwing people over.
I would look for used parts there are some used parts that come up in the forum that may help you with your build.
You can check out some of the site sponsors for good prices or you can try calling Jon (PC Pain) @ Horny Toad HD and let him know you are a forum member to get discounted new HD and aftermarket parts.
It may be years before you get your parts if you get them at all, if you do get the parts back you can sell them to get some of your money back.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
That sucks, hope the shop owner has eyes in the back of his head, because screwing over people like that will get you dead real fast, he can't say he didn't know he was in financial trouble before he locked up the shop, he could have got ahold of all the customers, explained the situation, and gave the property back to the owners. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys folks. It is just one of those things that happen I guess and unfortunately I am one of the ones getting screwed. Hopefully things will work out in the long run.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found some bags, rear fender and side covers. Now all I need is everything for the conversion for the front end.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I will have a outer fairing with very minor damage from a 2012 all the tabs are in good shape most of the damage is the paint is chipping off. Waiting on a new one from PC pain didn't want to try and get the paint to match up so I ordered a new one. If you want I can send pics if you have to paint this will be fine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will have a outer fairing with very minor damage from a 2012 all the tabs are in good shape most of the damage is the paint is chipping off. Waiting on a new one from PC pain didn't want to try and get the paint to match up so I ordered a new one. If you want I can send pics if you have to paint this will be fine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes sir please send me some pics and let me know a price. My email is [email protected] Thanks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I agree with you stripclub he fricking could have done the right thing and got the parts back to him and it wouldn't have hurt his bankruptcy at all what a dick. I'd be watching out for him he'll probably be opening another shop some where down the road

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new rear has been added and I think it turned out great. Now I need to put my order in for the front end conversion so I can get started on that.

2006 SG with a 21" front, bag and rear fender extensions.

Before:

The new rear with stretched side covers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has been a while since my last post but the bike is broken down and all the parts are at the painter. I decided against all black. Decided to give the painter free rein on the paint job under 1 condition, the colors have to be black, silver and red. We shall see. Hopefully it will be ready by the 1st of the year.

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
If the painter is an artist, I'd expect a good job, but not necessarily by the 1st. Artist are known to take a little more time if you give them freedom, and generally come up with something worth the wait.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If the painter is an artist, I'd expect a good job, but not necessarily by the 1st. Artist are known to take a little more time if you give them freedom, and generally come up with something worth the wait.
I agree 100% about it taking more time. When I say the first of the year I am meaning sometime in January. As long as I have it back in time for the spring rally in Daytona I am ok with waiting a little longer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts