Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to start a new thread of things that ill be doing to the bike while im on this deployment.

As of Thursday i made a deposit to Jeff at Coastal Moto on a set of the Legacy Platinum cut wheels with a 21 in front and 17 in rear with 200 tire.

The bike is tore down to the frame right now and all the tins and plastics are at a buddies house getting ready to be painted. I still have to buy a few parts for it though including the fender. Im not real sure on ideas of paint just yet. he told me to pick two main colors so i picked gloss black and Candy orange. I will be sure to post pics of the test panel when he emails it to me.

I am planning on the Klockwerks slicer front fender.

Im doing chrome lower fork legs with gloss black upper with progressive 1 inch lowering monotubes.

I am going to change my dash to a RGC dash and have it powdercoated but use my chrome number 1 theme gas cover and a nice contrast billet insert.

The stereo is still debatable but i am wanting to go with a jvc deck with 6.5s in the front fairing, 6.5s in the CVO lowers, 6.5s in the rear tour pack and also cut my inner fairing for two more 6.5s.

I also bought some extended bags and some edge cut bag latches.

I am wanting to do some type of motor work also to it. Right now i have 255 cams but i want a little more power so i have been emailing hillside cycles on taking my heads and porting them and the intake manifold and putting some bigger cams in it. Im not wanting to spend a fortune or go beyond reliabilty on this discussion.

I think thats about it for now. I am patiently waiting on my buddy to send me a test panel of what the paint will look like. Once i get some updates i will be sure to post on here.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Subscribing, would like to see how this goes. Take pics during the process, also check with Frank at Dragos.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the slicer is the one i really like for some reason.

I plan on taking pics while it comes together but that wont be till i get home around May but i will keep it updated. I have chatted with Frank a little but its hard to figure out what i want through email. Everyone likes to call and its hard to call from over here and be on the phone for hour at a time. I am wanting to have everything ready and sitting at my place when i get home so i can put it together and ride.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Maam. I realized i posted it in the wrong part afterwards. I was also hoping you were gonna say something about the build. lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looking forward to your build.

Also, I just picked up the Klockwerks Slicer as well. It's a perfect fit with the 19" front wheel, and it is made very well.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Figured i could post some before and during pics for now. What it looked like the day i started to take it apart.

And a naked bike

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured i could throw out there that i put a deposit on a set of Legacy Platinum cut wheels from Jeff last week as well. Went with the 21 up front and 17 in rear with a 200 tire. I cant wait to get some stuff together.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes sir i do. Just a little at a time. im ready to get home and put it all together but the time helps save enough for the mods. The extended bags showed up at my painters the other day as did the CVO pods and speaker grilles from PCPain. Just gotta get the fender now so he can start painting. Ill definately post pics as they come to me.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the compliments. I have added alot of stuff to it but most people dont see them. lol I cant wait to get everything done.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well got another update. I have been throwing offers at the stage 4 kit on ebay for some time. It is used but i got it for 650 bucks. Ill buy new gaskets, rings and have the head worked by my buddy who owns a machine shop and change the cams. Any ideas on what cams go good with this kit?? Im changing cause this is the older kit with 260 cams.

·
Registered
305 Posts
are you looking for road glide custom dash. if so i have one i will sell. let me know. thanks

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes i want a custom dash. Im not in a hurry right now though but pm me a price. I need to sell my dash as well along with my front fender and bags.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts