Road Glide banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I built a 32x48 Pole barn that's partially enclosed. Now I wished I would've went ahead and and closed it all in.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I plan on completely finishing the interior. Epoxy floor, recessed lights, finished drywall, paint, the whole deal. I can't help it, I have a mild case of OCD. Also A/C and a liquor cabinet. Kinda dumb, I live alone I can get drunk in the house and smoke cigars if I want to.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just did a quote request for stick building a 20'X24'X10' garage. Materials to frame, roof, siding, 1 window, one man door, garage door frame only. $ 6500.
No wiring, insulation, or sheet rock.
Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
20' wide? Kind of odd, I'd probably just go 24x24 at that rate. Not much more money to go higher, and opens up options for a lift in the future if it's 12'.

Here's a building tool to use and see how the sizes affect overall price

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just did a quote request for stick building a 20'X24'X10' garage. Materials to frame, roof, siding, 1 window, one man door, garage door frame only. $ 6500.
No wiring, insulation, or sheet rock.
Hmmmmm.

Seems about right. Like I say probably the easiest way to build it as well. Get your pad poured and walls built then pay some buddies beer to help stand the walls. 20' wide you can do the trusses buy yourself but way easier with two.

·
Registered
659 Posts
20' wide? Kind of odd, I'd probably just go 24x24 at that rate. Not much more money to go higher, and opens up options for a lift in the future if it's 12'.

Here's a building tool to use and see how the sizes affect overall price

Sure it may not seem like much more but it is an extra 100sq feet. His quote is $13.54 per sqft take away the cost of the doors and windows and he is probably about $10 per sqft for lumber, shingles and siding then the added cost of the pad. It probably runs him an extra $1500.00. All depends on what one wants and how much they want to spend. Bigger is better but it comes with cost, and also size can be restricted by other things than cost as well.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I would love a larger building but I have to go to the planning comm and get this size approved, my lot is only 75' wide. I do have a one car attached garage now.
I want to say thanks to every one for their input. I always build something on paper and in my head several times before I buy a stick of lumber, but there are always several ways to look at something. And like the wize man said," You don't know what you don't know."

21 - 27 of 27 Posts