Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody order a set of the Buky Bar Malo model 14"'? How long did it take to receive the product once you placed your order?

Also, I want to order the Malo Version 2 (1.5 Diameter) in black, did you have to call to specify or leave a note? I don't see an option on their website to make that choice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody order a set of the Buky Bar Malo model 14"'? How long did it take to receive the product once you placed your order?

Also, I want to order the Malo Version 2 (1.5 Diameter) in black, did you have to call to specify or leave a note? I don't see an option on their website to make that choice.

Thanks!
I ordered 14 inch Malo in chrome. Just got them today. It took just under 4 weeks from order to receipt. Only 2 days of shipping. Juan from Buky, said the chrome shop held the process up 10 days. It was worth the wait because they are flawless! cant wait to install this weekend.:p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kind of expecting that lead time but still can't find the online option to order the bars in black. I'll probably just call them up and do the order over the phone. Good luck with your install and let's see some photos later!

I ordered 14 inch Malo in chrome. Just got them today. It took just under 4 weeks from order to receipt. Only 2 days of shipping. Juan from Buky, said the chrome shop held the process up 10 days. It was worth the wait because they are flawless! cant wait to install this weekend.:p

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was kind of expecting that lead time but still can't find the online option to order the bars in black. I'll probably just call them up and do the order over the phone. Good luck with your install and let's see some photos later!
I recommend call and order and give a call every other week. That's what I did and they always gave an update. I would imagine you may get them quicker because of black powder coating is straight forward.

·
Registered
237 Posts
They have a new bar now called the "Odyssey" and it has a pull back of 9 inches. Makes it easier for us reach challenged guys to get to it and should be more comfortable. It should be on their website soon.

I think I am leaning towards that model.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Awesome. I can't wait to order these. What's the difference between V1 and V2 in the Malos?

Planning on ordering in the next couple of weeks. I'm only 5'6" so I'm stuck on the 12's or 14's.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
V1 and 2 give you the choice of with or without Meathooks. I ordered the V2 without and the handles come out straight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with someone at Bukybars today and asked if they had the new bars. The guy didn't know about it, maybe he can't speak of it until it's fully released. I went ahead and ordered the 14" Bukybar Malo version in gloss black. They said about 3-4 weeks time.

I have the 10" Yaffe's now and not happy with the ride that's why I'm switching out. Thanks for the heads up.

They have a new bar now called the "Odyssey" and it has a pull back of 9 inches. Makes it easier for us reach challenged guys to get to it and should be more comfortable. It should be on their website soon.

I think I am leaning towards that model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New guy here. You guys have cost me a bunch of money. Saved me a ton also. Been a lurker for awhile.

I lucked out and got Malo version 1 Black in under a week. I ordered Malo 2s but it was a 4-5 week lead time. Juan called me the day after my order and told me they had my bars in stock, quickly switched.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like you lucked out. Do you have any photos of your setup?

New guy here. You guys have cost me a bunch of money. Saved me a ton also. Been a lurker for awhile.

I lucked out and got Malo version 1 Black in under a week. I ordered Malo 2s but it was a 4-5 week lead time. Juan called me the day after my order and told me they had my bars in stock, quickly switched.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would love to see pics also. I have been looking at apes for weeks and have kinda settled on the buky malos. I think I am going for 16's tho. Any problems out there with theirs? Not trying to hijack here....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hijack away! I'm interested in any information I can get. I thought about the 16" Malo's as I used to ride 16" apes on my Roadking. I went with the 14" so it wouldn't look so much like antennas sticking out of a bugs head!

I originally went the the other extreme and went with the 10" Yaffe's. I like the look but too uncomfortable for me. So the compromise between the two is 14". It's was an expensive error on my part.

If anybody has a photo link to someone running the Malo 1 Meathook, 14", powder coat gloss black, 1.5" setup that would be great!

I would love to see pics also. I have been looking at apes for weeks and have kinda settled on the buky malos. I think I am going for 16's tho. Any problems out there with theirs? Not trying to hijack here....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I came off a Roadking with 18s. I used to get a not in my neck shoulder on long rides. Looked tough in bar parking lots lol. . Going to put my hands right at the top of mirrors, on stock bars. Tops are just even with my 10inch Windvest. About where I wanted on this bike to keep arms hands tucked inside the fairing. about 2-3 inches wider than stock. littl more relaxed wrist angle. Very excited. They are going to look killer. I dont have them installed yet. Waiting on my wrench to get back from Sturgis. I got black. Meat hook is just enough, not crazy. Powder coat is flawless, Juan is the man.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a road king with 16" burly bars. Loved them. I could "hang" my arms and lean back on my backrest and ride all day. Its the 10-12" that make me feel like I am shrugging and my traps and neck kill me on long rides. I think the mini apes look the best on the rg but the 16s are more comfy for me. At least on my rk they were. I'm going to have to find more pics of the 14s and 16s.

·
Registered
137 Posts
On the road glide, do the bars mount higher than on a road king? The pics of 16s on rgs look a lot higher than 16s on rks. Some of the 14s I have seen look high on the rg. Maybe its the fairing??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just saw those bars on their facebook page, they are sic! You'll probably get a better riding position with those.

I originally ordered the 14" Malo's and decided to go with 16" - those guys at Buky's changed my order and didn't extend the lead time. I've talked with Juan several times, he's straight up and real talk. Nice to do since I already dropped coin.

Hopefully bars will come in next week. I'll post cable lengths once I measure it out and have it installed.

On the road glide, do the bars mount higher than on a road king? The pics of 16s on rgs look a lot higher than 16s on rks. Some of the 14s I have seen look high on the rg. Maybe its the fairing??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is at the mechanic right now. Also getting Rockfords put in the inner faring. Wont be able to pick it up til 9/2. Work has me out of town. I got crappy cell phone pics of them mocked up and wires ran. I can text them if someone can post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts