Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out for a Sunday ride and after ridding over some railroad tracks the bike was not responding to the throttle. I had to stop and realized the bike had turned off. Still had power, cause it would crank over, but would not start. My fuel pump light does not come on anymore and I can't hear the start indicator. Any ideas before I take it to the shop.
2013 Ultra

·
Registered
483 Posts
Start with the simple check all the fuses and fuel pump relay battery connections

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the fuses in the fuse box and the battery cables. I'll double check everything again once I get the battery charged again, since I ended up draining it trying to start it back up. Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump shut off. I'd pull the air cleaner and squirt a little fuel behind the throttle plate and see if it will hit off that. If it will, ignition is most likely fine. First thing that comes to mind would be the connector to the fuel pump under the tank console. Had any parts off lately?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked that connector and it appeared to be connected properly. I haven't seen or heard anything come off. I tried cranking it over again with a charged battery and it is not getting any fuel at all. Thanks for the recommendations.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
When you turn the ignition switch to on and the run button to run do you hear the fuel pump prime before you hit the start button?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I checked that connector and it appeared to be connected properly. I haven't seen or heard anything come off. I tried cranking it over again with a charged battery and it is not getting any fuel at all. Thanks for the recommendations.
It's 2013, it still must be under warranty.
Call and have them pick it up. If it doesn't run they will cover the tow and find the problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rlaf75- No, I did not hear the fuel pump prime nor did the engine light come on. This morning I checked again to see if it would start and it started right up...fuel pump prime on and engine light on. I tried it several times and it started right up. I decided to take it off the trailer and put it back in the garage and wouldn't you know it, it did not start. No fuel pump prime and no engine light again. I'm gonna have to take it in or have it picked up. It is under warranty still, but was hoping it was something simple and wouldn't have to take it in to the dealership and have it sit there for days.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Check the ecm plug under the seat ?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Don't know if it will help but I just got mine back from the shop. It was going into limp mode and the problem was the plug on the side of the throttle body had a couple of wires frayed. They know it's a problem at Harley but don't say anything don't know how it happens cuz nothing touches it. Like I said don't know if that will help to check but I feel the same way you do about taking it to the shop

1 - 11 of 11 Posts