Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in an Ebay bid for the Burly 10.5" shocks to replace my stock air shocks for my '07 Shark. With the 10.5's I should be flat-footed fer sure while stradling my scoot. Anyone out there have any experience with Burly shocks? If so, could ya please post up your opinions good and/or bad ...Thanks!!! :cool:

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
You don't say what your height is or your inseam or the seat you are using. Kinda hard to guess...JMO:confused: The shocks should come with chiropractic certificates. Best guess it will ride like a hardtail. Been there and only put about 50 miles on mine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Put them on with the Slammer kit up front too, bought Arnotts the next week. Ride was worse than my hardtail ironhead sporty.

·
Registered
614 Posts
They will lower you but the shock travel is less than 1" so the ride will be very rough, a lot of bottoming unless you adjust them so stiff they dont move than you have a hard tail.

Burly are made by Progressive, they are a low cost version of there 412 series shock in shorter lengths.

If you really need to get it that low there are better ways to do it and preserve the ride, Im not a air system fan but Id rather go that route than a set of shocks with little to no travel and poor dampening or go with a good set of Ohlin 11.5" or Progressive 444 in 11 and at least still have some travel at the rear wheel

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If they don't shake your fillings loose they will definately knock a turd out of your a$$...

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Not trying to add to the negative responses you've already received, but I have to agree those shocks seem a bit short, I'm running 11-3/4" and only have a little travel, but they're not bad, and I live in Florida where the roads are a lot smoother. I hope they work out for you, if not you might want to contact Bitchin Baggers, also check into a new seat and shoes with thick soles, if it's a height issue. I lowered mine cause I like the way it looks.:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, in response to the height/inseam inquiry, I stand at 5'7 with a 30" inseam. Stradling my RG, I'm close to flat-footed, both my heels are just about an inch or so off the ground. Just lookin to be both FLAT-footed. Makes it a ton easier to manually move my scoot. Hate to have to ask for an assisted push frm the front, if ya know what I mean ...thanks guyz! :eek:

Sent from my LS670 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Moved to the correct subforum

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm 5'10'',30'' inseam. I installed progressive 412's 11.5 shocks after getting monotube sey at -1.5''. Bike rides great,feet well planted on ground.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, in response to the height/inseam inquiry, I stand at 5'7 with a 30" inseam. Stradling my RG, I'm close to flat-footed, both my heels are just about an inch or so off the ground. Just lookin to be both FLAT-footed. Makes it a ton easier to manually move my scoot. Hate to have to ask for an assisted push frm the front, if ya know what I mean ...thanks guyz! :eek:

Sent from my LS670 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Another option is to have your seat modified to sit you lower.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I was hoping I wasn't gonna get more negative than positive reviews on these Burly 10.5" shocks, my only regret is that I shoulda posted this inquiry thread BEFORE I placed an ebay bid on this NON-RETURNABLE item. Now I'm stuck with these Burly shocks that I won. I sent the seller a request to see if he could possibly make an exception and grant me a refund. If not, I guess I'll have to throw em on the classified section and sell em. Since I bought em, I might as well wait for em to arrive and put em on the RG just to see for myself if the ride will be tolerable or not. I'll post up in a few days to let y'all know how it went... :cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another option is to have your seat modified to sit you lower.
...I have the solo seat from LaPera which is cut real low from the stock seat height.

Well, them Burly 10.5 shocks are on their way to my house. After reading the majority negative feedback on these shocks, I did some more research and purchased a lowering kit which extended both stock lower shock mounts more to the rear essentially lowering the rear. I had installed the lowering kit this morning without any issues. Now I'm finally comfortably flat-footed. The ride got a tad stiffer but nothin that I can't used to. Definately worth the effort. Now if there's anyone out there interested in a brand new set of Burly 10.5" shocks, lemme know if you're interested. I got 'em fer $179. Shoot me a reasonably price and maybe we can do some business. Thanks! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts