Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of a slammed RGC but I don’t want to make the bike totally unusable for 500+ mile trips (one up). I’ve read one negative post about Burly 10-1/2” slammer shocks. Anyone else have any experience with the Burly shocks? Do you think lowering blocks would be a better option?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I put the Burly Slammer kit on my RGU last year. It put it so low that I scraped my exhaust on the pavement, scratching my heat shield. It rode like a hard tail. I then went to the air-ride route. My feeling is the 10 1/2 is too low. JMO.:)

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
I put the Burly Slammer kit on my RGU last year. It put it so low that I scraped my exhaust on the pavement, scratching my heat shield. It rode like a hard tail. I then went to the air-ride route. My feeling is the 10 1/2 is too low. JMO.:)
What air ride do you have Stan?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I've got the Arnott Aldun 13". Wish I had done the 12". I will probably get the 12" or the old 'Vette shocks when I get back from next trip. The 'Vette shocks are only about $80 per set and I've thrown alot more away on this project.:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I really like the look of a slammed RGC but I don’t want to make the bike totally unusable for 500+ mile trips (one up). I’ve read one negative post about Burly 10-1/2” slammer shocks. Anyone else have any experience with the Burly shocks? Do you think lowering blocks would be a better option?
They give up to much suspension travel. They have less than 1" of suspension travel, it will greatly reduce your comfort level

·
Registered
510 Posts
I did the burlys and then proceeded to drag every thing on the bike down the road! They're so low almost every turn you drag something. They also ride pretty rough. I took them off and put on 12" air ride. Best decision I ever made!

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
It's the best way I know of turning your bike into a hardtail!!!:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx guys. Looks like I'll try a little less extreme option.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
453 Posts
Agreed about the Burly's being too low on our bikes...I put a set on the gf's sportster to get her feet flat (also dropped the front 1") but the ride is rough and you have very little travel. I went with the Legends air ride and love it. Slam the bike when parked and adjust the air pressure on the fly. It isn't cheap but will take care of your suspension needs for years to come. Furthermore, the shocks come with a lifetime warranty; I had the old style on my bike (looked like stock shocks, not the newer airbags) and when I blew a seal they sent me a brand new SET (new style) within a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts