Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed new Burst grips and the left side has some slop rotationally. Even if I remove the grip and hold the part that gets locked on by the housing it still has slop so I its not an installation issue but a grip issue. According to directions it appears the end cap comes off and the outer piece slides on an inner piece which appears to be the locked piece, not sure if something can be tightened up. Not real excited about prying on that pretty new end cap and it doesn't seem to screw off. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
contact the service department of the MFR

·
Registered
52 Posts
My left grip is fine but my right grip has a little more wiggle in it than I like in and out, twisting the throttle is just fine...

·
Registered
548 Posts
My throttle grip with Burst grips and aftermarket bars has some in and out slop, works fine. My left grip rolled back and forth on the stock bars, OK now on the aftermarket bars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you pull hard enough the outer part of the grip will separate from inner part, like they forgot to use adhesive to put them together, i got inexpensive
epoxy, mixed, installed a small portion with my finger on the inside of the outer tube, then reinstalled it on the inner piece while twisting till got to the
splined part, made sure they lined up then pushed in all the way firmly till the outer tube bottomed out on the inner tube, once it set up , no movement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed new Burst grips and the left side has some slop rotationally. Even if I remove the grip and hold the part that gets locked on by the housing it still has slop so I its not an installation issue but a grip issue. According to directions it appears the end cap comes off and the outer piece slides on an inner piece which appears to be the locked piece, not sure if something can be tightened up. Not real excited about prying on that pretty new end cap and it doesn't seem to screw off. Thanks for any info.

email me, ill tell you what is wrong with your grip [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts