Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, RG experts,
Getting a lot of codes but the bike is running fine. At first, it was limp mode, only once in last month before that it was year or more.

currently, p1010, u1097, u1016,1064,
Could this be stemming from the fretting? I have a 08 RG 85,000 on
the clock. PV clears them. Tach and speedo work even though there is a loss of data. Just did contact cleaner and dielectric grease on induction plug. On eBay, induction models are like 50 bucks. Thanks . Eric

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Sounds like the TCA plug needs dielectric grease. Clean the TCA plug and then put the dielectric grease on the TCA plug and put the plug back into the throttle body. You will have to put the 2011 silver pins in the TCA plug sooner or later for a better fix.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
You have an issue with the data buss connecting the ecm-speedo-tach-TSSM-(ABS if equipped).

Any of these replaced? Any mods made to the electrical system?

Other than that its a long Saturday afternoon accessing harnesses to sort it out. You'll need an electrical diagnostic manual and some understanding of the system to sort through it.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
You have an issue with the data buss connecting the ecm-speedo-tach-TSSM-(ABS if equipped).

Any of these replaced? Any mods made to the electrical system?

Other than that its a long Saturday afternoon accessing harnesses to sort it out. You'll need an electrical diagnostic manual and some understanding of the system to sort through it.
Exactly right. None of those codes have anything to do with the TCA. I'd start with 'the last thing you touched/changed' on the bike. Other than that, start checking the connections & harnesses that Thermodyne has pointed out.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Exactly right. None of those codes have anything to do with the TCA. I'd start with 'the last thing you touched/changed' on the bike. Other than that, start checking the connections & harnesses that Thermodyne has pointed out.
I looked up the DTC codes and I don't see any U1010 or U1097 DTC All I know is on my 08 there was a TCA plug problem and and when the TCA connection failed I would get all sorts of DTC codes . Also the only reason my bike ever went into limp mode was because of TCA connection failure and dielectric grease was the only fix until I repinned my TCA plug with the 2011 silver pins.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im using a pv to get my trouble codes

P1010 Missing Password

U1016 Loss of ECM Serial Data
U1064 Loss of TSM/FSFM Serial Data to ECM
U1097 Loss of SpeedometerSerial Data to ECM

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Where is the buss connector?
Thanks
If it got wet, then it would most likely be at one of the previously mentioned units, one of the connectors leaking.

The wire is light green with a grey trace.

And you do have mods, that PV is sitting smack dam on the buss circuit.

Clear the codes, ride it and see what comes back. If they don't come back, it was probably wet. aIf they do, then you'll need to get it fixed.

I would strongly recommend that you take it in for service if the codes come back. Or at the very minimum buy an electrical diagnostic manual for that scooter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....so the bus is in the left side cover? Where the data link is? That is where the pv is plugged in
Ok, I will check it. Appreciate your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts