Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone
99.9% percent of all upgrades (audio, pipes, windshield) I have done to my bike have come from the expertise within this forum. Now is the time to consider Cams, pushrods, and lifters. I have read the majority of posts but I am not a very technical person when it coms to deciphering the information posted. I am considering the following that will possibly go well with my current set up.

2013 RCU, Stage 1, PC-V, Dragula 2:1

I would like a great plug and play cam (Install and haul)! I am considering Frank’s 565 or 580, SE 255 or 254, Tman 555, Andrews 57H. I am also considering pushrods and lifters.

I am looking for great low end and mid range torque – however, I do like to twist the throttle at times. I do not plan on any other mod's in the future or at least nothing above a stage 2.
I really appreciate your assistance in advance!!
Airborne!

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I have had the T-man 555tq cams and can say they are a great bolt in cam for low to mid range torque. I have not ridden anything with the other cams mentioned so I don't know how they compare.

My HD Sreamin Eagle adjustable pushrods work just fine. As for lifters I think, Gatorman, Woods, or S&S should all be good choices.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I too have the same concerns as yourself as to how many stages Iwill go with my motor which is why I chose the se254e. I read that they are better than the 255's are as far as conservative and the final outcome. As far as off the line I believe the 255's are better because the power comes in right away but dies off sooner than the se254e. Don't get me wrong there are times I wish the power came on right away, but I'm happy with my se254e cams. As far as lifters I went with SE adjustable rods, nothing wrong with the stock ones other than more work to pull them out as a whole. Lifters I left stock since I wasn't building a powerhouse.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read a lot about the Tman555 and most recently the 254e for great low/mid range torque. Decisions Decisions! I have also heard great things about Franks 565s! Hm!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If you are considering the 565 they bring tq in at 2150 right out of the hole look in Dyno section you can see many graphs
My 580 comes in on stock compression at 2300
Any questions just give me a call will be more than happy to answer any.
Thanks
FD

Good evening everyone
99.9% percent of all upgrades (audio, pipes, windshield) I have done to my bike have come from the expertise within this forum. Now is the time to consider Cams, pushrods, and lifters. I have read the majority of posts but I am not a very technical person when it coms to deciphering the information posted. I am considering the following that will possibly go well with my current set up.

2013 RCU, Stage 1, PC-V, Dragula 2:1

I would like a great plug and play cam (Install and haul)! I am considering Frank’s 565 or 580, SE 255 or 254, Tman 555, Andrews 57H. I am also considering pushrods and lifters.

I am looking for great low end and mid range torque – however, I do like to twist the throttle at times. I do not plan on any other mod's in the future or at least nothing above a stage 2.
I really appreciate your assistance in advance!!
Airborne!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Bob Wood TW 5-6, and if want more, sooner, use a 4* advance gear.
That cam historically(has been manufactured for over a dozen years or better)creates a very broad torque curve.:)
Scott

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I am using the Woods 222 and I like them a lot more then the SE255 cams I ran. They come on around 2100 and pulls hard to just above 5000 (I never run the bike much higher then that).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard great things about the woods. I have narrowed my list down to three. I will make my fial decision by tonight! Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Let me throw one more option at you, Kury TC-24

I am attaching my Dyno sheet

I am running the TC-24, Dragos 2-1, Kury AF and Direct Tune

This allows for more upside in the future with head work and compression

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow!! That's a good curve!! I am still choosing between SE255/SE254e/Andrews48h/FD565

My partner's just installed tman555/SE255/Woods! From what I have read they are all pretty much the same.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Wow!! That's a good curve!! I am still choosing between SE255/SE254e/Andrews48h/FD565

My partner's just installed tman555/SE255/Woods! From what I have read they are all pretty much the same.
No they are not pretty much the same. If you really do your research you will see the difference in the cams.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After doing a lot of research I went with the Andrews 57h.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts