Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first new Harley last month. I read on a Facebook post (so it must be true) that when you buy a new Harley you get a "origin certificate" in the mail shortly thereafter. Anyone ever get one of these?

·
Administrator
12,336 Posts
No but I've gotten plaques with a picture of a RG in front of the dealer where I bought it with my name and the bikes VIN engraved on it

JtB

·
Super Moderator
13,060 Posts
Only thing I got in the mail was my payment book, oh, and a lot of HOG stuff......

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Welcome from Kansas. When you pay for the Harley you will eventually receive the MSO (manufacturers statement of origin) in the mail, yes. Facebook, huh?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Welcome from Fort Mill, SC.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Never received anything like that. Welcome from Maryland

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
34 Posts
certificate

Ive had Harleys for years & the only bike I bought was a 2001 road king that was the only bike I had that had the certificate mailed to me from harley

·
Registered
129 Posts
Never had that mailed to me from the factory and bought quite a few new bikes over the years. I always asked my dealer for a copy of it and they would get me one. Ask Dealer for a copy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm lucky my dealer gave me a keychain when I bought my new Roadglide....by far the WORST dealership...but they gave me the best deal on the MSRP discount. I could bet the mortgage my dealer would tell me that the certificate isnt available. Oh well, no big deal, i was just curious.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Every bike I have purchased, I recieved my MSO as soon as I handed them the check. But I also register and pay taxes myself and don't let the dealership do it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
We don't get anything at our local dealers, ring the bell and payment book! They take picture but you never see it.
I got my title but not a certificate of origin

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
No but I've gotten plaques with a picture of a RG in front of the dealer where I bought it with my name and the bikes VIN engraved on it
Got my picture on a bulletin board at the dealership and I also got a plaque with a Candy Orange RG that looks nothing like mine now. Oh yea, and the payment book.

·
Super Moderator
10,279 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Mike U.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts